Multiple import fees to UK?

I ordered the csl dd bundle and just got the invoice in which i have to pay for import VAT.

It only says “csl pedals” so I’m assuming it’s coming in separate packages.

Does this mean I will have to pay import fees on the rest of the delivery’s when they come?

Comments

• Chris WoodsChris Woods Member
    edited February 16

You'll have to pay on everything regardless; if you're in the UK you now pay import VAT or duty regardless of the amount, unless it's in an exempt category. Simracing equipment should be classified in the customs category for toys, so zero duty levied, but there is 20% VAT.

Examine the customs charges invoice carefully. Try and get hold of it in advance if you can via customer services. I'm in the UK and bought some Clubsport V3 pedals in the BFCM sale (fortunately, in a separate transaction from my DD1 and wheels order which still hasn't arrived) -- whatever OCR mechanism UPS use screwed up reading the commercial invoice. They calculated the amount due based on the initial amounts, then ADDED the discount amounts treating them as positive numbers instead of negative numbers (it must have just missed the negative symbol in front of the negative numbers).

I ended up initially paying a much higher amount of import duty than I should have; I then had to chase half a dozen people at UPS on email for about a month until I got a refund of the overcharged amount. I did have to pay the initial amount at the door otherwise the driver would not have been able to give me the parcel.