☢️  QR2 forced mandatory purchase  ☢️ 

simply the bullshit continues in this company.

now there is neither plastic nor metal QR1 to buy with equipment.

it should seem to everyone that people only buy the QR1 system, and FanaSCAM deliberately does not want to continue selling goods with the QR1 system. in this way, they deliberately push people to buy the QR2 system, which is of course very expensive.

QR2 is something that should have been implemented in the eco system a long time ago. but here, they came up with a clever idea, to invent as an "advanced" QR2 system. which, let's be realistic, still lags behind, let's say, the best system they have in Simagic and Moza. and now they want to make dishonestly large sums of money on that QR2.

this company is the bottom of the bottom.

Comments

• Get a job dude..

• look who's talking to me

DUDE

🤣

• It's called evolution...it happens in every company, in every domain........stop trying to create dram where there is none...

• You can blame Fanatec for a lot of things, for sure, but this point is just not true and i told you weeks ago in another thread where you stated these Point.

Fact is:

• i bought the old Metall QR1 Wheel Side more than two years ago for 99,95 €
    • Now they release the brand new QR2 Wheel Side and sell it for the same price as the old QR1 = 99,95 €
    • And they also reduce the price for the old QR1 = 49,95 €

Show me a company which release a new product for the same price as the previous one was sold two years ago. And they reduce the price of the old one to 50% of the original price.

I'd almost say it's customer-friendly, right?

So blame Fanatec for all the other mess that happens, but this here is a point where Fanatec did it in a good way!

• I agree with most of this. And QR2 is very nice. But they have added a $99 price increase on every wheel. This comes after their price increase of every product they sell from 2022. And they do not remove the price of QR1 if you do order QR2. There should be at least be a reduced price when you buy a wheel.

It helps the customer, but would also help them move over to the new the QR2 and reduce the transition period.

QR1 is like the Star Wars Xmas special. Fanatec should be trying to get everyone on QR2 in a consumer friendly way, and then pretend QR1 didn't happen.

• I see that it is difficult for some people to explain logically something that is very logical.

don't understand this defense of some, when you see the intention of this company.

should the transition from QR1 to QR2 last two years?

why?

that means if it has been put up for sale, then it can just as well be put on the steering wheel you are buying, which until now had QR1 as mandatory, that is, CS equipment. the fact that someone wants to subsequently buy a metal QR, whether it used to be a QR1 for €100 or today a QR2 for €100, is absolutely his problem, why didn't he think about it earlier when he was buying a QR lite or csl steering wheel more precisely.

what they're doing is the typical small-time street farts that are apparently smoked by customers and supported by loyal fans.

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited February 20

noone is actually force buy qr2 but in fact is that qr2 is better than qr1, so price tag between qr1 vs qr2 is kind off logical

• when someone who is as obsessed with this brand as you says that, it sounds real. but the reality is actually quite different, i.e. as I wrote.

• well, i seen at youtube where the moza quick release been broken, i have feeling that something like this would not happen with qr2 because those been tested also with real cars

• it is iron and easy to service. in the end, this is never a problem even with Moza, and least of all with Simagic, which is synonymous with quality in all segments.

more important are the terms of product failure, as well as the quality of drivers and firmware. and that's where Simagic is unbeatable right now

• Only QR2 Pro is used for real cars, but it is built from billet aircraft-grade aluminum alloy. The normal QR2 is made of die-cast aluminum alloy, which is very subject to failure and breakage.

Just to clarify, the material with which QR2 Pro is made is used to build firearms, while the material used for the normal QR2 is the same used to build children's toys.

The reality is that they don't listen to their customers, as usual.

They should sell their steering wheels without QR. Many people don't need it, they already have a QR, especially now that you can choose between QR1 and QR2. They force the customer to purchase a QR, and then ship it in separate boxes. It does not make sense. It would be sufficient to give the option to remove the QR from the cart before checkout, if you don't need it and don't want to pay for it.

• so basically. if QR2 normal is made of die-cast aluminum alloy, then we can comfortably buy the lite version and not waste money on aluminum for children's toys.