New customer, order received

After reading the plight of numerous people here, I was quite nervous about placing an order for a complete setup. However, after my son got his new Logitec 920 setup I didn't really want to go that route. So, it was order here and risk a long wait or get a toy that I most certainly would have replaced in a few months anyway. . .

I ordered the CSL DD 8Nm, QR2 base side, the CSL Universal Hub V2 with the CS 320 Alcantara Wheel and the QR2 Lite Wheel Side, the CSL Elite Pedals V2 and the CS Table Clamp, all which were in stock. I ordered these 2/18/24 at 2pm and all seven boxes arrived this morning, 2/23/24, at 9:30am, regular FedEx Ground. I wanted to order the shifter and mount as well but didn't want to further risk a delay so will just get later unless I fall in love with the paddles.

Be that as it may, I must say I am pleasantly surprised after reading all the negativity lately. Absolutely justified by those making their comments and I don't want to come off as gloating here, just stating my experience. As a matter of fact, the site still shows my order "Handover to warehouse" and the only reason I knew it was coming today was by tracking the order number as Reference Number on FedEx's site.

Of course, I still have to un-box everything and put it all together but unfortunately that will have to wait for a day or two. Hopefully, that goes without incident as well but I don't plan to hold my breath. Also hopefully, this signals a change for the better for the rest of you guys

Comments

• I was on the defensive too, just ordered the GT DD pro. I order it on 2/21 and pay for two day shipping. I have a tracking number and it hasn’t been pick up yet. But I probably get my next Monday or Tuesday.

I was thinking of going to route of Moza, But I always had good experience with fanatec in the past. I had to sell my old fanatec set up two years ago. Just now getting back into sim racing again.

• In my experience Fanatec is not a customer oriented company. So they have a decent sales system, which works well when everything goes smoothly. Most people won't have any problems, because the products are also good and will work well in most cases. However, if for some reason the order requires intervention by an employee, or if the product has a malfunction, contacting the company is difficult, the wait becomes unnerving, communication is absent.

• Since it is an American company, customers who feel they have not gotten satisfactory resolution to problems or have complaints about a company are free to contact the Better Business Bureau and/or the Bureau of Consumer Protection either Federal or specific state in the USA. Don't take this lightly. These agencies have teeth and will listen to your complaints. If justified, they will at least try to do something so all it takes is a little effort and time you are waiting for anyway.

• This was not the point of my message.

Hopefully, the Fanatec system works quite well. It's all automatic, you place the order, the system sends it to the warehouse, they ship it and in about 1 week you will have it at home. And this is the experience of most people.

When something doesn't work, the intervention of a human being becomes necessary, then it becomes a disaster. Few staff and little training in customer contact. Not something you want to experience if your new, high-priced purchase breaks down, and no one from the company responds to you.

But for most people it's a positive experience.

• I confirm DD+ 1 week I made a ticket to explain my concern and no return so far and I'm not the only one. As a result, the base is unusable and we've been completely abandoned, and that's unacceptable. 

And now I'm only at the first stage, what's next… 

• Since when is Fanatec an American company??? Fanatec is a German company from Europe!!

• I ordered similar equipment on 2/14 in the US and it has been a lot of nothing. Must be I didn’t spend enough, ONLY $1k.