Clubsport DD and Formula V2 force feedback dropping out completely

edited February 28 in Steering Wheels

Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere (and if it has, please post where I can find it)...

The issue I'm having is the force feedback randomly dropping out. This is occurring with my new Clubsport DD wheel base and my Formula V2 attached. Everything works as it should for the first couple minutes, then suddenly all force to the wheel is gone. The display on the wheel will lock up and the vibration motors continue to run. The only way to stop it is to power down the DD. This has been happening in Assetto Corsa (PC mode), and in AMS2 (using comp CSW v2.5 mode, as the wheel base doesn't seem to be recognized otherwise). When using my McLaren V2 or BMW GT2 wheels, I have no issues at all. I have QR2's installed correctly on all 3 of my wheels using the plastic spacer.

I've experienced these problems using both the 455 driver and unfortunately, the latest 456 driver. Firmware is all up to date too. Can anyone advise? The formula v2 wheel worked perfectly fine when combined with my previous Clubsport v2.5 wheel base.

Much appreciated!

Comments

• MadDog-ICMadDog-IC Member
    edited February 28

Seems to be a pattern is forming sort of, issues of different types of wheels disconnecting on CSL DD, GT DD Pro, CS DD particulary, but no so much on Podium DD1 and DD2 wheel bases.

I thought mainly that the CSL DD, GT DD Pro bases that have wheel disconnects was due to wheel shaft slipping out of USB-C connector inside Motor shaft and / or a QR1 Lite being poor design for higher torque motors.

Now CS DD and CS DD+ wheelbases with QR2 owners are starting to have the same or similar issues of wheel disconnects and a loss of FFB but they are built differently internally (We don't know how they are built exactly, but are all part of the motor shaft now with no USB-C connection to fail) and the QR2 is known to be more stable than QR1 metal or Lite so that should have zero slippage, so I can't recommend any fix for them.

However, I had one issue recently with my Podium DD1 with QR1 and Formula 2 wheel after updating to driver v456 and new FW for the motor that has caused a problem of wheel losing FFB strength and pulling completely to the left with minimum force (Approx 2Nm) applied so was not possible to center as it would keep pulling to the left until it hits the limit and it maybe had the rumble motors going in wheel as well, required a full shut down of DD1 Base and restart. This hasn't happened with drivers at v451, v455 and earlier FW for Motor and Base.

I suspect there are some combinations of Wheelbases (FW), Wheels (FW), Fanatec Driver versions that just don't work well together at the moment. FW updates seems to be the biggest influence over drivers though.

• Nothing you can do, it's a known issue currently under investigation with high Prio.

• Thanks for letting as know. @Maurice Boschen

• Thanks @MadDog-IC, and thank you @Maurice Böschen for the update. Hopefully a solution can be found soon and good to know it's being looked in to.

Cheers