DD PRO suddenly stops working, no buttons no paddle shifter works, only pedals and steering.

After a few hours playing GT7 my DD pro intermittently stops working, it feels like it shuts down and none of its buttons will work (including paddle shift). I can still accelerate, brake and turn the car, but that's it. No gear shift or anything else controlled by buttons.

Sometimes it comes back to life after 10 seconds or so, and sometimes I have to manually turn the wheelbase off and back on. I've updated the firmware, but the problem remains.

To make things worse, Fanatec product page won't accept my DD PRO serial number, thus not allowing me to initiate contact with support (unacceptable).

Can someone please help me on this?

Comments

• FireJahFireJah Member

Hi I am now getting the same problem with my DD+ after installing the 456 firmware. Whats going on please??

• CBHCBH Member

I had an issue with my DD Pro after I installed Driver 455, so what I did just went back to Driver 454 and now my issue has gone, touch wood.

I think I saw somewhere that ther is an issue with Driver 456, that effects the wheels.

• I don't remember exactly which version I'm running but, when I first got the wheel I had this issue, and then I tried updating the firmware to see if it would fix it, but no joy. I bought a USB cable that amplifies the signal to see if it does the trick, I'll post my findings here.

Sadly, I still got no answer from Fanatec. They don't seem to be worried about their customers.

• CBHCBH Member

Might be a problem with your wheel and yes Fanatec customer suport is very slow. It took over 7 days to get an answer from them, when I had an issue with my wheel.