How do I determine the percentage of force I'm using on my CSL DD 8Nm?

Hello,

I often hear people talking about setting their base force at around 60-70% or similar values. I have a CSL DD 8Nm with the standard setup recommended on the forum (so it's at 100% FF). In iRacing, force feedback strength varies from car to car, and I usually adjust it to be between 4 and 8 depending on the car. Could you help me understand what percentage range that corresponds to? Thank you!

Comments

• In advanced mode of force Feedback settings you can change the amount of Maximum torque.

Open Fanatec Control Panel and enable Advanced Mode in Tuning Menu. FFB is the perventage of maximum torque. In newer Versions of the driver you‘ll see the torque Value.

Once Advanced Mode is enabled you can change it on the wheel.

• So if the game has a gain or self aligning torque setting of 100%: (This the amplification Knob of upping or downing the overall force feedback signal send to your Wheelbase, the reason you might not run 100% is that the signal is too great that it causes clipping in the wheel base whilst driving, on wheel bases that support 15-32nm and you try to drive with those forces in general the wheel base would never clip as you would break you arms / wrist or fingers at those high forces first).

I would always have Gain in game equal or higher than the FFB setting in the Fanatec Tuning menu, ie. For CSL DD = (100/50, 60/60, 65/65, 80/80, 100/100).

Wheel Bases and percentages in Fanatec tuning menu FFB:

CSL DD (8Nm Max) at 50% power, 8Nm x (50 / 100) = 4Nm.

CSL DD (8Nm Max) at 60% power, 8Nm x (60 / 100) = 4.8Nm.

CSL DD (8Nm Max) at 70% power, 8Nm x (70 / 100) = 5.6Nm.

CSL DD (8Nm Max) at 80% power, 8Nm x (80 / 100) = 6.4Nm.

CSL DD (8Nm Max) at 90% power, 8Nm x (90 / 100) = 7.2Nm.

CSL DD (8Nm Max) at 100% power, 8Nm x (100 / 100) = 8Nm.

---

I have this for my DD1 and Formula v2 wheel, (Gain: 65 / FFB: 50 - 65).

Podium DD1 (15Nm Max - Linear Mode) at 50% power, 15Nm x (50 / 100) = 7.5Nm.

Podium DD1 (15Nm Max - Linear Mode) at 65% power, 15Nm x (65 / 100) = 9.75Nm.

Podium DD1 (15Nm Max - Linear Mode) at 100% power, 15Nm x (100 / 100) = 15Nm. Never use - Maybe when I get a larger Wheel:

• I have Advanced Mode in Tuning Menu enabled and torque at 100%. But still, in Iracing for example you can choose the strengh of force feedback per car. For example I use something like 4.5 or 5 with formula cars. Then, how many NM am I using?

• You will always use 8 Nm. The way the game "distributes" the range of the entire FFB is different.

So it's to be expected that the game will boost the low FFB values ​​and turn down the high ones to make you hear more detail, as if you have a weaker wheelbase, when in reality you're tricking it and using double the power.

• understand, thanks mate!