Weak FFB with DD+

Hi evrybody

yesterday evening when i came back from work i start my PS5 and at first i try the new Time Trial and have a weak FFB, i dont think anytheing about cause it was a new car and i thought ok this car dont have strong FFB Efects, then i switch to my AMG GT3 to drive a test race and the same issue very weak FFB, i thought ok GT7 have an update and they change something, then start ACC and the same Problem, so switch back to GT7 and test with the wheel base settings first set the FFB from 80 to 100 and no big cahnge then try the other options but no big change, then i increase the Ingema FFB from 3 to 10 and i have to heavy FFB then set to 6 and it was nearly the same as before on 3 but now i have clippiung from the game.

I checked in the Fanatec Controll Panel and it shows me that only 13.5 NM at 100% FFB and 10.8 NM at 80% so that could maybe the problem?

Have some one else the same problems and could it be an hardware problem with my dd+ or only some software problem.

After that i installed the 456 beta driver but nothing changed.

Comments

• edited March 1

The reduced Nm value is because you reduced FFB (80) and FOR (90) value which both directly influence the max Nm.

• Tahnk you know i know why it shows it you are right, but this dont explain why the FFB feels so weak since yesterday, with the same settings i used before, have you some ideas for that or should i prepare my laptop with AC and test if on PC not happen and it is an problem with the PS5.

• Gt7 ninja nerfed the dd+ /extreme yesterday. Wheel angle, grip etc was refined a bit but even at ffb 5 in game its still not the same.

Question: with the higher power wheel(im coming from dd pro) does the game still clip above 5?

this sucks..no full force support and a ninja nerf. Really wish more racing games supporting psvr2 were on ps5..

• edited March 1

Hello. The same thing happened to me with my DD+. Gran Turismo was working perfectly on Wednesday, but after the update the base works worse.

The force feedback is much weaker, and does not provide as much detail as before.

Before I had it set to 3 in the game, and now I raise it to 5 and it gives no information.

Does anyone have more news about this?

• Sander DSander D Member

Clipping? Can you describe what you mean because some people describe clipping differently

• As in PD / Sony,, without mentioning it decreased the ffb strength by about 40% ish and tried to refine wheel directional feel, load, grip etc. also oscillating is reduced, but still present.

i went from 3/7 in game to 6/7. So far i haven’t detected anything negative such as reduced wheel feel or clipping.

• only go higher with ingame torque let you miss the most details. Yesterday on FB some one told me to test FFB at 100% and FOR about 70% so you get a few details back, but not how it was before the update. For me now it works to set NDP at about 10 also so i can get a little feel back when the car beginns to under or oversteer but it is not as good as before the update, but i still will test more to get an setting what will work for me now. I will test with ingame 8 and then lower the torque with FOR today cause it seems that the wheel then only lower the heavy effects like holding torque and the fine ones like Curbs are not affectet.

So they not only upset the strenght.

• what details specifically do you feel are becoming compromised?

Yesterday i tried In gt7 with the 300mm ddx wheel:

in game 6/7

ndp 10

nfr 1

nin 1

int 4

ffb/for etc all at 100

and things around Bathurst in the gr3 911 felt decent. That is i could detect wheel direction, load, grip and slip. Don’t get me wrong. Im not thrilled either. That sony did this, without mentioning it or supporting full force feels like a trash move on their part…and between this and the release lic issue part of me feels as if Sony //PD are clowning us.

i realize that the signal in gt7 needed a bit of tuning but man…ugh. Im going to miss those first couple day’s playing in vr. Its going to aound funny but in the heat of things, with those initial raw settings, i really felt like one with the car…meh.

• The GT7 1.43 update unfortunately had an undocumented change. The change was a tweak to the scale slider effect of two in game wheel settings, Force Feedback Maximum Torque and Force Feedback Sensitivity. With GT7 version 1.42, my in-game Max torque was set to 3 and Steering Sensitivity was set to 4. (Using GT3 cars) I run my DD+ base FFB at 53. With update 1.43, I had to turn the FFB to 59 and in-game settings to 5/5. This was it took to get my set up to feel close to GT7 version 1.42. In essence, the sliders now give you more range to play with the feel of your base, so it takes experimentation to see what feels good to you. 

Additionally, I turned off NFR and NIN. I had these set to 5 and 1 respectively. These two settings being on in any way currently cause the wheel to slightly vibrate, whether in game or just being out of game. I suspect this is a base firmware bug. In any case, I discovered my base and wheel combo felt more direct and GT7’s FFB felt more detailed with these two settings set to off.  

• Yes i had it now also nearly back at the same point before the update and yes NFR and NIN i have also now set off. NDP set to 15 now before i had 35. and have to set ingame for 3/5 to 5/7 now but testing goes on.

• I have updated my settings with regard to GT7. I now run FFB at 75 and In-Game MAX Torque at 4 and Sensitivity at 9 and sometimes 10. I've discovered you can really fine tune the feel of individual cars with this base, which is really cool.