Do not take money before to send items to customers

Fanatec should not collect the money until the product has been sent. This will fix lot of issues, this would make customers happier, it would not be necessary to refund when order is cancelled.

Fanatec has too many items sold out, too often, and this situation is there for years now.

Sample from today:

• QR2 Wheel-Side Triple Pack - Open for Pre-Orders - Availability date: Apr 30, 2024

It's March 1st, so if I order this item today, I'll have to wait for 2 months to potentially get this item in my house, but you will have taken the money well before. Does it make sense? Is it honest enough with your customers?

Thanks

Comments

• I don't have an issue with them having a wait time. The issue I have is when I make an order specifically making sure that all parts are listed as "in stock" and the order sits processing seemingly indefinetly.

At least with the QR2 and QR1 lite they're telling people that it's going to take time. I specifically avoided those and I'm still not getting any communication. It just feels disrespectful to lay off your phone hotline team and to continue pushing ads all over facebook when you can't even deal with the orders you say you have in stock.

It's like this compnany is being run by teenagers man. They'll take the money, but don't want to be asked about when they're going to do their job.

• I agree, no issue having to wait for an item, but money should not be withdrawn before the item is sent. I had a similar issue with my DD1 a few months ago. Money withdrawn; item wrote as sent from the warehouse but not true as no UPS number assigned. Waited almost 2 weeks (sending some emails in the meantime with answers saying "sorry our warehouse is under water") and then wrote a last email asking to cancel the order and refund money, and strangely next day an UPS number was assigned to the order. Maybe just a coincidence.

• edited March 4

BEST OPTION... DO NOT EVER Pre-Order but that is also not a guarantee because Items listed as "in stock" are also sometime not in stock. They wait weeks and then finally change it and give update like as if it's all OK.

They simply lie and blame it on 1) The warehouse 2) the inventory system 3) delayed shipping container.

But in order to have best chance, at least wait until it is not pre-order anymore because pre-orders change too much and they keep holding your money.

• YAMINE TAIEBYAMINE TAIEB Member
    edited March 4

My DD1 was not in pre-order (I never pre-order an item) but was marked as shipped for weeks with no UPS number. Answers to my emails were "sorry our warehouse is under water". As you wrote some people at Fanatec lie or are not professional enough or both.

I read on this forum and on Fanatec's Facebook that some customers are waiting since November to receive their orders and for some of them engaged costs are well above 1,000 euros.

It seems as well, but this is just a feeling, that Fanatec does not provided the same level of experience to their customers based on their countries. It seems there are less issues in US than in EU. Furthermore it seems that UE's countries do not receive the same level of experience.

To Fanatec, again, do not take money before to send items to your customers, your customers are not your banker.