Bricked Unit Investigation?

Hello. I am a recent Fanatec customer and at the moment happy to report that I have not had any issues with my DD Extreme. With that said, I have been reading about a LOT of people bricking their brand new DD's and DD+ bases. It's getting to the point where it's seems like once or twice a day I'm reading about someone bricking their base and it's becoming more than just a coincidence. Is anyone at Fanatec investigating this issue? Is there a known cause for the issue?

It seems MOST but not all have had it happen when turning the base on and then turning it off before it fully boots up. I understand someone on here from Fanatec said that they were not "able to replicate the issue" and that turning it off before it finishes booting is NOT the cause... Yet they still advised to NOT do that. Seems a little odd that they would say that's not the problem, but also not to do it... If that really isn't the cause, they need to figure out what the cause is and let people know, especially if it's something that can be prevented.

I just find this to be way to common of an issue for Fanatec to stay silent about it and not address it. First it seemed like a couple isolated incidents, but as more people get their units, bricked bases are popping up every single day. This isn't normal for a $1000+ product and in my opinion totally unacceptable for this high of a failure rate. To make matters worse, if you do end up with a bricked base it's going to take weeks or months to get a new one because how backed up Fanatec customer service is from the last time Fanatec dropped the ball. It's like one problem fueling another.

Luckily I haven't had an issue, aside from one time the wheel lost connection briefly on PS5. Either way, it would be nice to know what is causing this issue and what can be done to prevent it.

Comments