Clubsport V3 pedals /Experiences

Hello fan community

Can you tell me something about these pedals, experiences, settings, braking forces etc.

A comparison to the CSL Elite V2 where I have the feeling that I have to step in like a stupid person.

Are the V3 better to adjust?

Does the V3 Damper Kit bring real benefits?

Or...

Are there other alternatives that are PS5 compatible?

Thanks

Hallo Fan Gemeinde

könnt ihr mir was zu diesen Pedalen berichten, Erfahrungen, Einstellungen, Bremskräfte etc.

Ein Vergleich zu den CSL Elite V2 bei denen ich ein Gefühl habe dass ich reintreten muss wie ein blöder.

Sind die V3 besser einzustellen ?

Bringt das V3 Damper Kit echte Vorteile?

Oder...

gibt es andere alternativen die PS5 kompatibel sind?

Danke 

Comments

• Hello again!

ich habe meine Erfahrung schon mal in einem anderen Thread geteilt und den Inhalt des Posts kopiert:

I have a damper on each pedal Gas and Brake AND the Performance Kit.

Honestly you don‘t NEED a damper on one of them. Performance Kit is all you NEED to meet your preferences.

If you want to add some immersion to your setup a damper on the gas pedal is enough, but brake pedal might be considered.

For Performance it strongly depends on what kind of cars you are driving. In rally cars you need fast moving pedals - dampers not recommended at all. In GT & formula cars you could benefit from a damper on the gas to be as smooth as possible when accelerating at corner exit. In road cars dampers on both pedals can be considered.

In my experience the damper on the gas pedal should be damping as less as possible while on the brake pedal damping can be stronger.

It takes a while until it‘s adjusted to your preferences and works for you - even in different classes including Rally & GT & Road cars.

Für ACC & GT7 reichte das Brake Performance Kit, um das, was du ansprichst, mit einer härteren Feder und den PU-Elementen zu optimieren.

• Hier die Fortsetzung (Antwort auf eine Rückfrage):

Dampers on gas and/ or brake CAN give you immersion and performance if you drive on CIRCUITS with high performance cars with lots of power and lots of downforce like GT3 and Formula 1 because you need small amounts of pressure differences on the pedals where damper are supportive:

Damper on the brake gives you more immersion and slightly more performance on corner entry.

Damper on the gas gives you slightly more immersion and more performance on corner exit.

Dampers CAN give you more immersion while TAKING performance when you drive Rally because you need fast moving pedals. 

A PBK CAN add immersion if you drive Formula 1 cars because these cars do not have much travel for the pedals.

A PBK CAN add performance if you feel like you are not hitting the right amount of brake pressure in every corner. A PBK will add consistency due to harder parts which do not feel slughish.

• also, if you have a rubber shop close to you that has quality silicone products, you can buy cheap from them.

hardness in Brake Performance Kit PU;

Original 50sh (shora)

Green 12mm/13mm – 80sh

Red 12mm/13m – 90sh.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

my rubber shop black 12mm – 75sh

in my opinion, 70-75sh is quite enough to satisfy the braking style of an ordinary car, GT, rally, and even F1 cars. because when a hardness of 70-75sh is applied, it is neither too hard nor too soft, and there is always the possibility of additional hardness adjustment on the brake cylinder itself, which has adjustment values from 1 to 5, so that depending on the type of vehicle and braking technique, the hardness can be easily adjusted with that "home made" silicone.

because you have to know that it's not just that simple to replace those silicones, so if you go for a harder option for, say, F1 driving, and later you want a softer brake for a normal road car or rally, then you can't just easily replace those silicones from BPK .

and like this, when you put a value of approx. 70-75sh, then the value on the cylinder of 1-5 determines the desired hardness very easily.

• Tae YooTae Yoo Member

Hi Zeko, nice summary. I'm interested in those black rubber. Is that something that can be purchased somewhere? Also, is the height the same as stock PU foams? Ideally if they are same height at stock PU foams and they come in at 13mm, might be ideal for me :-)

I currently use: 13mm Red Cut(I don't use small PU foam) + 13mm Red + 12mm Red. I like this, but would like to try slightly softer setup like yours. Thanks!

BTW, on your post, I think you have Green and Red swapped, Red is softer than Green. But I know what you meant.

• as I said, in my city there are a couple of small factories that produce various rubber, silicone parts, of superior material and quality.

I don't know if there is a place to buy the finished product.

I also couldn't choose, they were only 12mm, so I took a 10cm long product and at home cut it vertically with a scalpel into two parts of the same length as the two original PU foam.

by the way, I also have BPK, and I took it with me to the workshop where I bought it black one, because they have a device for measuring the hardness of the rubber in the sh unit. so the reds and greens are accurately measured. there is no difference in hardness between 12mm and 13mm in each color (red or green). the thing is that when 12mm and 13mm are combined, the 13mm creates more resistance because it is wider and has a larger volume on which the pressure force is then created in the cylinder.

and the fact that the red ones are harder surprised me when they measured them (in front of me), because I thought that the green ones were harder, just being taught by the table.

one big difference. in BPK you also get a small white PU foam that goes first into the cylinder, and only then various red/green combinations. I don't know how hard that PU foam is because we haven't measured it.

I used the 13mm red/red from BPK for a while and it was hard all the time, i.e. I didn't have enough "travel" of the pedal.

when I put these two black ones, that is, identical in length to the two original PU foam ones, those 75 sh were a much better combination for me. and on the cylinder I mostly used between 2 and 3 scales, mostly for GT cars.

• Tae YooTae Yoo Member

Thanks Zeko. Nice that you're able to acquire those softer black rubber elastomers locally. It would awesome if that company does offer it thru online somewhow.

I am also surprised on hardness between Red vs. Green. Based on reviews and Fanatec BPK manual, I believed Green being harder than Red.

Thanks for sharing.