CSL Elite V2 with squeaky throttle pedal

I bought my CSL Elite V2 pedal set during last Black Friday sale, now not 4 months ago. Last few days I noticed the throttle pedal started making a squeaky noise. I usually don't hear it while racing, but it's a bit annoying during more quiet parts 🤨

The manual says:

"The appropriate parts of the CSL Elite Pedals V2 are well lubricated out-of-the-box. Should you feel or hear grinding as a result of extensive usage over time, apply lithium grease to the parts highlighted in BLUE below. ATTENTION: Do not apply any form of lubricant to the parts highlighted in RED below." (where the red is the sensor, I guess?)

I found similar complaints about the Clubsport V3s, for which I found suggestions to use some WD-40 lithium grease.

Does the same apply for my pedals? And should I just spray some grease with everything still bolted together, or is it better to disassemble the pedal for easier access to the hinge? If so, how do I best go about that??

Comments

• Buy grease in a tube, and spread it on the blue parts using a small brush or tool.

Using spray is always the best way to get grease to end up where it shouldn't.

Also don't disassemble anything, it's not just for lubricating.

If you only have spray grease, and you need to use it on mechanical parts that contain electronics, it is always good practice to spray some into a small container and then apply it with a brush.