Clubsport DD - coilwhine issue - return experience (order #1926259)

Dear,

I received a Clubsport DD on the 27th of February 2024.

The device had a loud "coil whine" noise from the start, even when not in operation (turned off).

I notified [email protected] on the 11th of March that I would like to return the products in my order (except for the pedals as I was happy with those) and want a refund. I included a video, on which the sound can be clearly heard and additionally created a support ticket in the hope I would receive instructions on how to send back the defective device on Fanatec's costs.

I also tried to call the support number multiple times, but it appears the phone desk is closed.

As I received no reply, nor further instructions on how to return the equipment, hence I followed the advice to send the equipment back to the below address on my own costs Friday the 15th of March. Having had no reply of the support, I had no RMA label - see statement below.

I'm still hopeful we can find a solution but to be fair this hasn't been a great experience so far.

Return address:

Carl Jöhnk KG

c/o Endor AG

Georg-Wilhelm-Str. 327

21107 Hamburg

Germany

"Upon processing your return request, we will provide an RMA number, which should be placed on the exterior of the package prior to shipping the items back, if possible. However, these are not prerequisites for the effective exercise of your right of withdrawal."

Comments

• edited March 18

You did something very ungood... The Carl Jöhnk adress is no longer valid I think as they changed the warehouse from Jöhnk to Group7 half a year ago.

You should have waited for an official RMA, which can currently take some weeks... You didnt even had patience for 1 week where others are waiting months for an answer... Let's see how this will end but I fear this will not end up nicely for you..

• Joris PinoyJoris Pinoy Member
    edited March 18

Thanks Maurice, that's the instructions on their website. Hoping for a good outcome.

• I opened a ticket 13 days ago, again due to the club sport DD plus whistle problem, today I received the signature label and tomorrow I will send the package. Who knows how long I will be without equipment?..

• edited March 18

As long as return request was started/requested in the 14 day window, the response time from Fanatec is not relevant. Since you opened a ticket in that time period, there was no rush or time restriction anymore for you. Even if they took 5 weeks to respond, your return/contract withdrawal would still be honored.

Not sure why you would do such a thing without an RMA number as it would not make the process any faster than just waiting for a response. You basically may have just lost your money and items.

I sometimes wonder why people do what they do.

• I waited more than 3 weeks for a reply and an rma ticket.

If I were you, I'd say to myself that I've just lost my entire purchase and that I can go back to the checkout. 

You have to be deranged to do something like that. 

• Gökhan OgulGökhan Ogul Member
    edited March 19

I just had to wait 14 days for RMA, then I got my new cs dd after 3 weeks. I haven't asked once how long it will take or what the status of processing is. The many customers who send hundreds of support-tickets because they can't wait a week are also to blame. So everyone has to wait even longer.

I think you have lost your purchased fanatec equipment and your money. I would try contacting the Carl Jöhnk KG company and asking for the package to be returned. If you're lucky, maybe they will. But I fear that you will never see the package again.

• Thanks for the comments all, I followed the return guide on their website and did not flood them with support tickets - I only have one 😉.

The revocation form, clearly states that the return of products is time-bound.

"Without undue delay and in any event not later than thirty (30) days from the day on which you communicate your withdrawal from this contract to us (please note that sending products directly to headquarters in Landshut may result in a longer processing time). The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of thirty (30) days has expired."

Upon processing your return request, we will provide an RMA number, which should be placed on the exterior of the package prior to shipping the items back, if possible. However, these are not prerequisites for the effective exercise of your right of withdrawal.

• "However, these are not prerequisites for the effective exercise of your right of withdrawal." -> That sentence does not mean that you can skip the correct process to wait for a RMA. It just means that even in the time until you receive the RMA information your withdrawal request is valid.

You can not just send something back to them without waiting an adequate time (I mean, you quote yourself that you have 30 days to return the product, you decided to only wait 7 days...).

You can now only hope that Jöhnk will send the package back to you as most likely they cant forward it to Fanatec as they have no contract with them anymore AFAIK.

• Maurice, perhaps the text is too ambiguous but the way I read the text, it clearly states the RMA is not a prerequisite. I confirmed with Jöhnk, they still take care of the returns.

• Short update: I received confirmation via email on Fri the 22nd that they have received my return and will issue a refund for the equipment.