Is it time for a charge back?

Placed an order 5 weeks ago. A couple days later it was updated to the "Handover to warehouse" status. Haven't heard anything since. Now I know others have waited more than 5 weeks and eventually received their order... but it seems like those were possibly delayed due to stock/availability issues.

As far as I know, everything in my order has been in stock the whole time. The items specifically are: McLaren GT3 V2 wheel, QR1, CSL Pedals, CSL Load Cell Kit, and CSL Table Clamp. So it makes me think that the order has just fallen through the cracks... why else would they not have shipped it yet?

So is it time to submit a chargeback request with my credit card company? Or should I hold out for a while longer?

Comments

• They don't care. I got my order on March 8. Lasted 2 1/2 hours out of the box, before it died and blew smoke out the back. they refuse to respond to emails sent. 9 days and counting. CSL DD base.

• @Barry

They'll respond to you, when they get to you.

• @Don That literally tells me nothing useful.

• @Barry

There's nothing to tell you. Once you file your rma request, you wait. No amount of e-mails will speed up the process.

• Cancel your order! At some point the Fanatec community needs to start holding Fanatec accountable. When the website says that an item ships in 4 to 7 days, then on day 8 if the order has not shipped, CANCEL the order. The apologists and sycophants feel that the onus is on the customer, when it is the seller who is violating the terms of the agreement.

When a product (that has experienced normal use) fails before the warranty period expires, send an email everyday until Fanatec meets their obligation and restores the functionality. It is not the end user obligation "To Be Patient". It is Fanatec's obligation to build products that do not fail before the warranty period expires and to repair the product when it does.

One should be patient with freinds and family, and demanding with business transactions.

• @Don I'm far beyond that. I'm working on contacting the CEO, CFO, COO, and other upper management, and also at their parent company.

• UPDATE:

So after going on a bit of a "media blitz" that involved creating this post, sending DMs to @James several days in a row (both here and on the Fanatec Reddit), and submitting yet another customer support ticket (but this time selecting the "Order Cancellations" topic and threatening to submit a charge back to my credit card company)...

... I received an email that said my order was shipping (with tracking numbers). At that point, they had only created the shipping label and the actual order was awaiting pickup by FedEx, so I was still unsure. But about 24 hours later, the order was picked up (all 5 packages) and has an estimated delivery date for tomorrow.

I don't think this is coincidence. If you've ever heard the saying, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease"... I think that may apply here.

• I've only been waiting just over a week so far but my order (CSL DD, pedals + load cell pedal, Wheel, QR2 system for base & whee) is currently being held up by a FREE QR1 lite that I never ordered, have no need of & don't want - current date for the QR1 lite shows as 11th April - I've sent e-mails but only get an automated response with the usual unhelpful general answers that have nothing to do with my enquiry. Thing is, I ordered a second wheel & QR2 the next day & they arrived yesterday. Maybe I should go down the charge back route ....