Handbrake

where can I buy a new 3.5mm stereo jack to CSP V2 main PCBA cable, my son pulled mine out and it broke

Comments

• I have a query someone may know how to resolve this issue.

I bought the Fanatec handbrake V1.5 however when connected to the base handbrake section via RJ12 it does not register via the pedals section in control panel on PC.

However when the handbrake connected to the handbrake section on my CSL Elite V2 pedals via RJ12 it registers. 

I noticed today after playing WRC 23 I jumped on Gran Turismo 7 on PS5 and my pedals seemed very soft even when brake force was at 60 the slightest touch was showing the brake or accelerator going to 100%.

I have the latest PC Drivers 456 for Fanatec & also latest version of Fanalab.

I have disconnected the handbrake completely and I am still getting the same issues with pedals. 

If the RJ12 cable connected to the base and I disconnect the 3.5mm jack from the handbrake in Gran Turismo 7 it shows 100% handbrake being applied. 

There is another adaptor in the box which I have read on Fanatec forums is for the old CSL Elite bases not for the CSL DD 8nm which I have. 

I have restarted the base and PS5 also I have tried the McLaren GT3 V2 Wheel, GT DD Pro Wheel & ClubSport V2.5 wheel attached to the base. 

All with same result as described above.

Could this be the lingering of the analogue signal from the handbrake that is causing the issue? 

Do you have any suggestions as I have checked the wiring on the potentiometer and it all seems fine the bushing moves when pull the handle so the dowel in bushing not snapped. 

• Update on handbrake v1.5.

if the handbrake is connected to the base and you have a handbrake output RJ12 connector on pedals for me I use csl elite v2 pedals it will not work.

if you connect the handbrake to the pedals directly it works intermittently with issues of the analog signal interfering with the brake or accelerator or clutch, as they connected to the csl dd base directly.

the adaptor in the box with handbrake v1.5 for the old wheel bases like csl elite 2.5 & below use this to connect the pedals to it then the adapter into the pedal input on the back of the csl dd base. Then put the handbrake directly into the base not the adapter and it works flawlessly.

maybe one day Fanatec will resolve this bug or at least update the instructions within the handbrake box to tell customers to do this and not have to remove hard mounted pedals from their rig after running into issues with the signal interference with gas brake and clutch.

I hope this helps someone.