Received RMA Wheel

Hi Fanatec,

I had placed an order for the CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 V2. However, what I received was an open box with what was a used wheel. After looking at the package a bit more, it seems this was an RMA wheel for someone in NY.

I know mistakes happen; I'd just like to get this resolved quickly. Please reach out so I can send this wheel back. And I assume the original owner would like theirs back as well.

Comments

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited March 25

lol? im sorry but how is that possible?

• Well I hope it's not a logistics cost cutting idea from Fanatec. ๐Ÿคจ

Eventually I wanted to order a ClubSport DD, if/when the "F type adapter" is also "Ready to ship". Hopefully at that time the bases are factory revisions that are not whiners.

With my luck, Fanatec will not only reroute a customer RMA to me, but it will be one that didn't get fixed first.

I really wish you could tell in the shop if the ClubSport series are the same as when released, or infact they are revised. How is one to know? ๐Ÿค”

• Out of all the horror stories i've read on here so far this might take the lead ๐Ÿ˜…

• Dennis HannahDennis Hannah Member
    edited March 27

Still no response from Fanatec. Even their customer support mailbox is full. Attempted to call them multiple times through different departments and no calls are being accepted. Even attempted to contact their office in Germany, and all departments have suspended calls in order to answer emails according to their system message. I'm going to attempt to create another ticket with my issue and see if I can at least get another ticket created. I didn't see one on the second attempt to create a ticket. Worst case I'll do a charge back on this purchase, which I have never done in my life in 20+ years.... so I'll at least get my money back. I don't get what's going on with communication with this company. I love my new DD+ base.. and I loved the clubsport 2.5 base that I got in 2020.. no complaints.. no issues. I just wanted a wheel that matched the racing I was doing.

Worst case.. I just start the return process on the DD+ and go with simcube then... I really just don't get what's going on. If they are going out of business.. then I'd want to shed their equipment asap.

• So the plot thickens. I was able to peel back the shipping label and get the phone number of the previous owner. Left a message and got a call back. Turns out it was a returned wheel from over 2 years ago. I’ve since opened a charge back with my bank since I’ve not received any communication from Fanatec.

Until this company resolves its customer service backlog and hopefully endures the leadership change. I’d hold off from purchasing anything from them in the meantime.