Thomas Jackermeier, Please Help Me!

I placed an order on March 3, and everything went smoothly at first – my package was processed and shipped out quickly. However, things hit a snag when my package reached the warehouse in Seville, Spain. For some reason, it was sent back to your warehouse in Hamburg. I've reached out several times since then. I even asked for a refund in one of my emails, but truth be told, I'd rather not go down that route. I'm a big fan of Fanatec products and would much prefer to get my hands on what I ordered.

So, I decided to try a different approach. I sent another email, asking your customer support to overlook my refund request and instead forward the items to a new address. It's a place recommended by a minister here in Gibraltar called "uStore-it." But I've hit a wall of silence – there's been no response to my requests, and it's incredibly frustrating.

Could you please step in and help out? It's been nearly a month since I last heard anything about my order, and it's getting pretty aggravating. At the very least, could someone in customer support fire an email to let me know that the issue is being looked into? That would go a long way.

Thanks a lot for your time. I really appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Anthony

Comments

• Hi Antonio, I'm sorry to read about your situation. I'm another user who also has open tickets without a response. Although my situation is similar to yours, in my case, I opted to force the return of the packages by refusing delivery (following Fanatec's recommendation). I encourage you to pursue the refund process, as considering the number of issues Fanatec has throughout the work chain, I think it would be the quickest (although it will be a slow process). Don't even try to communicate further with Fanatec beyond making it clear that you want to cancel and get your money back. Fill out the form on the European Consumer Centre's website, and then file a claim through your bank or VISA for the refund, as it's the fastest way to get your money back. Once you have it back, try placing the order again. I wish you the best of luck!

• Hi Jaime,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and advice. It's beneficial to hear from someone navigating similar challenges with Fanatec. I've hesitated to escalate my situation to the European Consumer Centre (ECC) because I genuinely appreciate and like Fanatec's products. I was hoping to resolve this without taking such a step, as I'd much prefer to continue supporting them.

However, it's becoming increasingly clear that I'm running out of options. Your suggestion to pursue the refund process, especially through the ECC and potentially my bank or VISA, is the most straightforward path forward, given the lack of communication I've faced.

I couldn't help but notice how YouTubers who promote Fanatec seem to operate smoothly without any issues. This is a stark contrast to our experiences. When it comes to advertising, Fanatec is all hands on deck, but customer service falls by the wayside for us actual consumers.

I wish you the best in securing your refund and hope that the process goes as smoothly as possible.

Thanks again for sharing your advice. It's given me a lot to think about, and I appreciate your support.

Best of luck with everything,

Anthony

• Reported! The complaint was successfully submitted to my bank and Econsumer.gov.

• edited March 29

Hi Bart van Deventer,

Breaking news indeed: Thomas Jackermeier has been fired as CEO of Fanatec. It's always a difficult moment to witness someone with such a passion for racing face this outcome. The company encountered severe financial strains in 2023, culminating in a critical renegotiation of its credit terms on March 31, 2024.

Thomas was instrumental in founding Fanatec and has been at the helm from its inception, steering it towards becoming a global entity capable of handling an overwhelming volume of orders. However, the challenge of scaling the company to meet global demand has been overwhelming for Fanatec.

Nonetheless, it's essential to confront the persistent problems with quality control, returns and exchanges (RMA), deliveries, and customer service that have escalated to a critical level. Immediate action and improvement in these key areas are indispensable for Fanatec's aspiration to become a leading global company.