McLaren Wheel + QR2 - Full Torque Support?

HI

The Mclaren GT3 Wheel is really old now and the big flaw has always been its plastic casing. In its original form with the old clamp it never supported full torque power on the DD1 or DD2 base (as far as I know).

However, when you order it now, you will get the choice which Quick Release 2 clamp you want to buy. Since I am about to get a Clubsport DD+ and always prefered the wider design of the McLaren Wheel over the F1 wheel, I now have to decide what to buy. Idon't want to buy the McLaren wheel only to find out that it won't work to a full extent (or worse: find out that it breaks after a while due to too much force).

Can somebody tell me how it works?

Comments

• From the webshop page:

*It is possible to use High Torque Mode when using a QR1 Wheel-Side (ClubSport Quick Release Adapter).

So you can use full torque with the McLaren wheel if you use a QR1 (not lite)

As long as you use a QR2/pro (again, not lite), you should get full torque.

You would not be allowed to use full torque (or indeed a qr1/qr2/qr2 pro) if the wheel wasnt designed to take that much force

• ok, that's great info, thanks

• I have the same combination: DD+ and Mclaren QR2. Been playing 5 day. Yesterday I noticed plastic crackling, but very slightly, and only on ACC Nordschleife on one fast corner where I really fight with wheel (Maurce 100FFB, but 60% ingame).