DD+ and history after RMA

short story, at the end of February I received the order with the DD+, unfortunately defective (coil whine so loud that I could even hear it on the steering wheel). Having RMA done, Fanatec replaced the product with a new one also produced at the end of November 2023, the new base has a slight whine of the coil much less than the first one and does not transmit vibrations to the steering wheel, the question is: but are all the DD+ like this a slight Is a complaint always perceived?

Comments

• Hello 

Honestly you are lucky, mine has not been changed (after the rma for moaning, more vibrations in the steering wheel) and on its return it did not even light and I started for over two weeks in a new system rma. 

The moaning doesn't seem to have any effect on the longevity of the base, so I wouldn't start a new rma if I were you (because the response times have increased again, more than two weeks without any news for me), knowing that my base has been unusable since I received it on February 18th.

• I‘ve just received my 2nd RMA back yesterday from support. My CS DD was supposedly repaired. Suprise, it‘s broken again! You cannot make this up. I‘m so disappointed and angry. Shoudn‘t have bought a CSDD in November last year.

• there are in forum that you should not really use latest's firmware what may cause issues like holding power button down too long.

what broke anyway?

• @Florian I bought it in February and it's the same disaster and the rma response times are getting longer and longer. 

No consideration for people with such problems, especially when you have to start a second rma all over again. Disappointing. 

• @Alexandre Humbrecht

Yeah, I was pretty angry and also wrote an angry e-mail which I kinda regret now, but I can’t change it.

It is really a shame. The FFB on the CS DD is really good, when it‘s working.

My first RMA was in February, when my CS DD died on a power outage during the startup. It got replaced with a unit that had a broken motor. Ir was driveable, but you could notice that something was wrong inside the base. So I send it to fanatec for a repair (2nd RMA).

Got the unit back on thursday, and while they fixed the broken motor, they kinda killed the whole base. It always starts in update mode and also shuts down randomly or starts to oscillate like crazy. This is just a real bummer. Plus they kinda messed with the power supply. It has now coil whine while it didn’t before i sent it to fanatec lol.

• Idem I sent a rather severe e-mail, not against those who receive it but against the technical service who didn't even test the base before sending it back, otherwise they would have seen that it didn't switch on . So I've already had a hs base for two and a half months. 

In short, it's a real shame because it's an excellent base, but the ...... firmware problems are ruining it. And for a new customer like me, the after-sales service is really scary .........