PCI USB Extension Cards

Has anybody tried connecting Fanatec wheels using an add-on PCI card in their system?

Recently, I've been having issues with the wheel losing input in the middle of a race. It was suggested by somebody who had a similar issue with a non-Fanatec wheel that an additional USB bus could be a solution, as it was for them.

I've tried two different PCI cards now and both have come up with the same issues. If I can get Windows to recognize the wheel at all, all it recognizes is the V3 pedals I have connected as a pass-through. The base and wheel are not recognized. Being that this has happened on 2 different cards, I'm inclined to think that the PCI card(s) are not defective.

So, is it that the PCI card does not have any power going to it to run the wheelbase? This doesn't make sense to me as I have an 8NM boost kit external power adapter plugged into this base. Why would it need additional power beyond that? The card itself works as right now I am typing on my keyboard that I plugged into the new PCI card. This HyperX keyboard also has a back light on it which the card is providing power to.

If it is a power issue, what card(s) have people used in their machines that are compatible with the Fanatec wheel bases and/or provide enough power to allow them to function?