DD+ Disconnect issues / No official Gran-Turismo wheel profile

Why are so many GT players experiencing disconnection issues from GT7 ?

Are these issues because Fanatec need and firmware update and / or the fact that it's because Polyphony Digital need to update GT7 with Official wheel profile settings ?

I was wanting to upgrade my CSL Elite to the DD+ but with this amount of issues players are experiencing it's putting me off making such a big purchase.

I can say in more positive light in the 5 years I have had my CSL Elite PS4 I have never had any issues of a sudden stiff wheel or total disconnects from GTS or GT7.

When are the "fixes" to the DD+ / GT7 going to happen ?

Comments

• I am on the same boat with you. Waiting for some kind of confirmation in regards to problems being resolved. I am not worrying about software issues - these will be resolved eventually either when GT updates / Full Force implemented / upcoming 457 driver.

I am mostly worrying about bricked units, coil whines, etc - aka hardware issues. Thing is that I have packed my CSL for sale and can't play, nor do I feel very confident to complete a DD+ order.

• SInce I've had the DD+ (probably one of the first in EU, at least I barely saw any reports from others that they got it when I had mine already), I've only had 1 disconnect on firmware 455.

Firmware 456 is a different story, I've had more disconnects there but immediately downgraded to 455. I expect 457 to be an improvement in that regard.

• edited April 17

No gt7 issues here on dd+ not 1. Mild coil whine. Not that noticeable.

• v1n2v1n2 Member

I received my DD+ in the first February week.. installed FW 455 and alle the latest FWs to Base, Podium GT3, Formula Wheel, v3 Pedals, Shifter… and didn‘t have any issues in GT7, ACC and WRC, playing every single day.. several hours in GT7..

i can highly recommend the Base so far..

• MikstaMiksta Member

I have had disconnection issues with my DD+ on PC only, on PS5 with GT7 I have not had any disconnects and I will play for a similar amount of time as on PC.

I have worked out if I turn off FanaLabs I will get less chance of a disconnect.

I do get coil whine after about 30 minutes of use which I am in the RMA process for as it gets a bit noisy once it is cranking (unit quiet on first start up of the day)

• Miksta mines very same. First start up quiet gets noisy after half hour or so. Sent it back yesterday. Hopefully it’s smooth process.