QR2 Lubricating?

Would it be okay or advised to lubricate the contact points of the metal QR2?

To be clear, not anywhere near the pins, just where the metal posts on the QR make contact.

Reason for asking is that my 2 new QR2s' seem a bit tight to remove and even to seat/click into place when attaching the wheels, so I thought may some light lubricant on the metal to metal point of contact might be a good idea to prevent wear as well as smoother attaching or removal of the wheels.

It would be nice to have this answered from Fanatec Staff...

Thanks in advance,

Frank

Comments

• No - its actually forbidden to do so in the manual!

• I didn't see that in the manual, maybe I don't have the correct manual?

• The forum is broken so I cant upload a picture but its shown in the base side manual in the very last step "cleaning".

• edited April 23

There must not be ANY kind of lubrication on the Base-Side as that one already has a special coating with some material which let the wheel slide easier. You can use lube on the wheel side where the rods are placed, but NOT on "outer" parts which have direct contact with the base side top or bottom sides.

• Okay, thank you so much Maurice, I was having a hard time finding that info for some reason, maybe I was too tire when I looked for it. lol

Anyway, I was mainly thinking the wheel-side rods which is exactly what you're telling me.

Is there any recommended lubricant?

Thank you again!