New to Fanatec - Help with Fanalab profiles

Hi all,

New to sim racing and fanatec and have a question regarding fanalab profiles. I am currently using the recommended ones from Maurice for my DD+ base, they all work great.

However I like my brake force set to 20%, on the profiles it's set to 80% for the indivdual cars. However when load the main profile for F1 23 for example it changes the PROFILE 1 brake force in fanalab back to 50%. How can I ensure when using the profiles from Maurice it is using my brakeforce setting not the profile setting? I have to manually go to profile 1 to adjust it each time to 20%.

Any help would be great and much appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Either:

1) Load each profile on at a time, change the BRF setting and then re-save that profile with the changes.

or

2) Use a free program such as "Grepwin" or "Notepad ++" that can do multi-file search and replace and have it search the Maurice profiles and change all their BRF values to your new BRF=20 setting. I use "GrepWin" myself.

• Thanks for the reply. So when I load the profile, it then always changes the profile 1 to 50% I can see anywhere where I can edit the BRF setting as Maurice's profile have it set and the only other place I can see is under "Profile 1" but this just keeps reverting back?

• So I've managed to get suggestion 1 working, however the recommended FFB settings profile is loaded it won't save the BRF setting, so I've had to save that as a duplicate profile to get it to work.

• MadDog-ICMadDog-IC Member
    edited April 25

Sorry forgot to mention, Recommended FFB profiles are a Defaults and non editable, Maurices Profiles on the other hand are editable and re-savable to the same car profile. You also can make any profile the default to load on detection of game running.

Easy way to change BRF and any settings for profile is run your game and let it load the profile you wish to use, then just use the tuning menu button on Wheel to change the required parameters such as you BRF or FFB strength, when you have it all correct, Alt-Tab out to fanalab and save the profile and it should now have all of you current settings.

Can also Alt-Tab out and load Fanatec's Drivers Config Panel program and then the Tuning menu to change all profile parameters, this is where the BRF setting is "Tuning Menu" or "Pedals via base".

When playing in Fanalab, the default view of all Profiles settings to the right is just informational, you have to go to the top menus and select "Tuning Menu" to be able to change FFB and BRF, etc. Then back to "Game Profile" Menu header and finally save profile on the far left side.

You can find YT videos on how to use Fanalab that gives you the basics.

• Many thanks, very helpful. I've edited all of them now so works great.

On a side note are there any decent GT7 settings for the DD+ in game and for the wheel settings?

• Best to check the link for GT7 questions and the DD+ as I don't own either.

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/25219/gran-turismo-7-ps4-ps5-fanatec-recommended-settings#latest