Fanatec Driver 457 Release Candidate for CSL, ClubSport and Podium (all wheels)

Comments

• edited April 30

Hi all

ClubSort Racing Wheel F1 03/04/2024 S/N : BXJ0493003003930

Driver 4.55 works nice update 4.56 loss connection wheel and ffb !

Downgrade 4.55 and Downgrade wheelbase works but wheel disconnect ? WHEEL BRICKED ?

Only on PC F1 23-22-21 - ACC - LMU - RFACTOR 2

Driver 4.57

Wheel Base S/N; GR493007550 - Firmaware 2.1.0.3

Steering Wheel S/N;ID43300209M - Firmawre 1.0.2.0

QR2 S/N;RA493004400 - Firmware 1.1.0.1

The FFB is less powerful , it is not constant , 15 NM ?

Several time I lose the connection in F1 23 ! The last time in the middle of a race on F1 23 , disconnection of the steering wheel the driver Fanatec

ask me to update the firmware base ?

The Fanatec cable is connected from the base DD+ to the USB port of my PC

Windows 11/64 PRO

Asus ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO

AMD 7950X3D

GSKILL 32GO

AMD 6900XT

NVME KINGSTON 1GB

WESTERN BLACK SN850X 2GB

CRUCIAL 1GB

I filed support ticket , I'm waiting for the response .... if no response , I'm asking for a refund for non functional product !

https://rehost.diberie.com/Picture/Get/f/272804

https://rehost.diberie.com/Picture/Get/f/272800 update firmware in game F1 23

https://rehost.diberie.com/Picture/Get/f/272801 Wheel disconnect

• Neil ReubenNeil Reuben Member
    edited April 30

With regard to PS5 rest issue, there are several cases that need considering.

1) Is GT7 still open while in rest mode or is it closed

2) Is the wheelbase still connected and powered on when the PS5 rests - PS5 USB power remains active for a period depending on system settings

3) Is the wheelbase connected but powered off when the PS5 rests

In combination w above is there any other powered USB device or cable in the connection?

Personally because I need to move my rig each time, I always shut down GT7 and disconnect USB cable, but I do leave the PS5 in rest so it gets updates. I have had no disconnects with CS DD or DD Pro

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

New thought:

I see some who reported the disconnection issue are also suffering from the coil while/whistle noise issue and are already in process of an RMA because of that.

Is there a chance these two issues are connected or is it just a coincidence, are there people which have the disconnection issue but no noise issue or some having the noise issue and no connection issue?

I think they are completely independent but want to find out for sure.

• @Marcel Pfister i have 0 whine noise, Zero. (but disconnection issues...)

• Hello everyone. I have tried the firmware 457 on my DD+, unfortunately I have dropouts. Now I wanted to go back to 455. The flashing goes exactly according to the instructions but after that the base no longer connects to the PC and when restarting the Fanatec Control Panel the message "Wheel Base is currently in UPDATE MODE. Firmware update will now be made in order for the Wheel Base to work properly." appears. Does anyone know this? Can you help me?

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

@Yves Walzer

This is an automated function to recover a base which is still in update mode. Does it perform the update afterwards when you press ok and does it help?

• It was stuck in update mode, the message came back after every run.

I was able to solve the problem.

First had to switch from 457 to 456.

And then from 456 to 455.

• no noise but disconnection ....

Drivers Log files 4.57 FanatecDiag_30-04-2024_18-58-38 (mediafire.com)

• Raymond XuRaymond Xu Member
    edited April 30

Loud coil whine and subtle vibration / grainy feeling while turning the wheel (after about 20-30 minutes of playing) but no connection issue.

DD Extreme bundle on firmwares included in driver 457.

• @Marcel Pfister

I hope the following information helps your investigation into those with disconnection issues.

Regarding your question about coil whine whistle noise as it relates to disconnection. My base has whine/noise. It is primarily present when turning the wheel left or right from the center position. The whistle noise increases after 1 hour of play time. (Still waiting for RMA support ticket response submitted on March 8 for this issue.)

To the question at hand...

I never had one single disconnect issue using the firmware from PC Driver 455 on all my gear. I updated to the firmware from PC driver 457. I used my gear all weekend and yesterday for league racing on ACC PS5. No disconnection issues at all.🙂

So, whistle/whine noise, YES. Disconnections, NO.  

DD+ base S/N GR503XXXXX

ClubSport DD(+) Base Firmware: 2.1.0.2

ClubSport DD(+) WQR Firmware: 1.1.0.1

QR2 S/N QK413XXXX

CS SW BMW V2 Firmware: 3

CS SW Formula V2.5 Firmware: 47 / 1.0.2.0

CS Pedal V3 Firmware: 1.35

PlayStation 5 (Base used in Blue Native Mode for all games)

Original Fanatec USB cable plugged into rear PlayStation USB port. (No extension or USB hub used) 

Once again, I had no disconnection issues for the following games: GT7, ACC, and F123 after many hours of play time. Note: PS5 is not set to sleep mode.

Tuning Menu Settings for GT7 & ACC

Wheel base settings:

SEN: AUTO

FULL FOERCE: Off

NDP (25 GT7) (ACC 30)

NFR 2

NIN 0   

INT (3 GT7) (ACC 2)

FEI 100

FOR 100

SPR 0

DPR 0

GT7 In Game Settings FFB

Torque 4

Sensitivity 8

ACC FFB In Game

Gain: 55

I hope this helps.

• Info.

DD2, Podium Wheel Rim Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (Suede).

Installed 457 from 455. got som rarely misschifts in Ea WRC and some dissconnects. Not on every SS.

rolled back to 455, even rolled back basefirmware to 3.0.4.3 and the problem is gone.

/Magnus

• Same problem here with a DD1. In addition to feeling the loss of power, I also noticed that sometimes I had a misshift.

downgrade to 455 and everything was fine again

• Wheel Base Model: DD1(35900xxx)
    • Steering Wheel Model: V2.5(11200xxx)
    • Driver Version: 455 and 457
    • Base FW Version: same to 455 and 457
    • Motor FW Version: same to 455 and 457
    • Wheel FW Version: 47
    • FanaLab Version: .32
  • Still all good here no issues. DD+ on latest drivers. I'm using v3 pedals no shifter or handbrake. Pedals plugged into base.

• Luis BrancoLuis Branco Member
    edited April 30

Randomly missed gear shifts using Podium DD2 and APM with both 456 and 457. Downgraded motor and base firmware from 457, installed 440, updated firmware and followed by installing 455 and updating firmware once again and issues solved.

Currently using without any issues:

• Driver 455
    • Podium DD2 Base: 3.0.4.3
    • Podium DD2 Motor: 3.0.0.2
    • Podium HUB: 6
    • Podium BMR: 1.0.0.6
    • Wireless QR: 7

Both driver 456 and 457 with DD2 Base 3.0.4.4 and 3.1.0.7 caused missed gear shifts.

• Missed shifts with BMR are known and under investigation to be fixed in the future.

• Nobody tried the hotfix Firmware 2.1.0.4 yet?!🤔

• I have just installed it. I will let you know how i get on, however my issues aren’t frequent enough really to get a quick answer.

just to let everyone know the installation went ok but i did loose my settings so make your you have them backed up first.

• Alan AxonAlan Axon Member
    edited April 30

I tried the hotfix firmware although my drop outs happened previous to 457 so the semi roll back is probably not aimed at my issue. I have messaged Marcel about it but will put a summary here too. PC DD+ user with McLaren GT3 wheel. My wheel reboots so it drops for a few seconds before returning. Does it on 457 and previous drivers although on previous drivers I would sometimes lose it permanently requiring a power off to reset. Most of the time on the previous drivers it was just the short reboot and recovery. Steering remains in all cases. On trying the firmware it still occurred but this time the wheel turned fully left and I had to turn it off to get it centre again. It wasn't so strong I couldn't stop it but was still quite a force. I only had time to do a short test but may get time again sometime tomorrow.

• @Maurice Böschen

I'll try the hotfix tomorrow.

I just got the disconnect/no response bug in GT7 with the base 457 and qr 455 firmwares. So it's not completely gone with that combo, just less likely.

Just to make sure: To install the hotfix, you choose the manual update and then choose the .eff file to load?

• Manual update, wheel base update and then the with the three dots you choose CS_DD_v2.0.1.4 EFF file.

• To add: please test 2.1.0.4 with QR 1.1.0.1 from 457, not with QR FW from 455 for now.

QR FW from 455 is bad and causing disconnections which should be resolved with 1.1.0.1 so please avoid older QR FWs atm.

• Also update from 455 to 457 on DD+ saved all settings except NDP, which got set to 50 on all 5 setups. Podium Hub/BME was mounted for that update

• Was the issue with the Podium Rally Module disabling sequential shifting ever addressed on PS5?

• edited May 1

No, not yet.

The issue itself is fixed for some months but still needs to get merged into the Main firmware branch which takes some time. Still no ETA when the fix is going to be included in a driver package bit I have raised the Prio and awareness already so hopefully 458 or 459 will include it.

• Dan WDan W Member

How to properly downgrade back to Driver 455?

CS DD+ FFB feels awful on 457, not sure what changed with the FFB, user Kestutis Grigaliunas mentioned it a few pages back, it feels completely dead in the center and spikes are insane all of a sudden and the side to side weight transfer feels laggy or interpolated, I haven't changed any settings in Fanalab and use Maurice's profiles.

• Alan AxonAlan Axon Member

Tested 2.1.0.4 again this morning. 3 times quite soon into the session it rebooted. All buttons returned after the reboot but the FFB was lost in all 3 cases requiring the power to be switched off and on for it to return. Whatever has been removed from the firmware seems to be the thing that restored my FFB after the disconnect and reboot.

It seemed to disconnect quicker than normal too although that may just be coincidence as seems random normally.

• DaGoerdDaGoerd Member

@Dan W

To downgrade you have to flash the 456 Driver before you flash 455.

• So habe jetzt alles versucht und die Base geht mit dem Formula V2 nicht in den Xbox Modus mit Treiber 456 oder 457. Wenn ich 454 oder 455 installiere, geht der Xbox Modus wieder, aber da tritt dann der Fehler mit dem Funkyswitch auf ( Aktivierung bei Bewegung in jede Richtung ). Können Sie das prüfen, ob es ein generelles Problem ist oder mein Formula V2.5X ( letzte Woche bekommen ) einen Defekt hat ?

So now I've tried everything and the base doesn't go into Xbox mode with driver 456 or 457 with the Formula V2. When I install 454 or 455, the Xbox mode works again, but then the error occurs with the Funkyswitch (activation at movement in any direction). Can you check whether it is a general problem or whether my Formula V2.5X (received last week) is defective?So now I've tried everything and the base doesn't go into Xbox mode with driver 456 or 457 with the Formula V2. When I install 454 or 455, the Xbox mode works again, but then the error occurs with the Funkyswitch (activation at movement in any direction). Can you check whether it is a general problem or whether my Formula V2.5X (received last week) is defective?

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): ClubSport DD
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Formula V2.5X
    • Driver Version: 457
    • Base FW Version: 2.1.0.3
    • Wheel FW Version: 1.0.2.0
    • Wireless QR: 1.1.0.1

• edited May 1

That issue with not working Xbox Mode on Formula V2.5X wheels on CS DD is currently under investigation to be fixed in an upcoming new firmware.

• Ok good to know, thanks