DD+ wheelbase power button will not turn on. 3rd Session in and its already defective.

Well I have bought the DD+ wheelbase with the f1 wheel bundle and v3 pedals. 3rd session into using it and the wheelbase just isn't responding at all to the pressed button? I've tried all the power cords and wires and its still the same. I really didn't expect a new top of the range set up to just break like this. Does anyone have similar issues and a way around it?? I dont think the base it bricked as i have seen as the wheel is showing nothing at all. the only thing working on the wheel too is the middle yellow toggle switch for settings. power is obviously getting to the wheel in some way but the base seems dead. nothing i can do to get it on. The computer Fanatec software shows my v3 pedals when plugged into the pc directly but no wheelbase or wheel is now showing. the driver used is 455, which is showing on the Fanatec software.

Anyway i have contacted customer support and i haven't recieved anything back in the way of email or anything? I do expect a lot more from them on this, I think a customer chat or support number you can actually get in touch with would be a good start. How long are we looking at for a response? I am really dissapointed in the after sales support up to now. Its my first set up too and i was expecting a lot better.

Comments

• You can keep on expecting. You e-mail them once, and then you wait. There will be no personal chat, or phone communications. And that's just the way it is.

• Sorry to hear this. Fanatec are going through bankruptcy protection at the moment so quality control and support aren't a priority. RMA's will likely take a few months.

• edited April 26

Did you not see all the forum/facebook/reddit/other Social Media discussions/complaints before ordering?

And just to add, you should receive an auto reply email to say support have it. If you havent, the ticket hasnt been sent.

Make sure all boxes are filled out, and theres a tiny tick box at the bottom (i think) - make sure that was checked.

otherwise try in a different browser - its a known issue for years now

• I found the solution and I'm writing it for anyone who has the same problem. I updated the drivers to version 456 beta and did the firmware update. The problem persisted.

At this point I reinstalled the 455 drivers (I had read about a user on the internet who had done this) and the problem seems solved.