Clubsport DD rattles/clicks when steering

Hello everyone,

my new CS DD 12nm wheelbase is now a bit noisy when I steer. Everything was fine for the first week, but now it rattles a bit when the base steers to the left or right...

It's quite annoying and stressful at this price. Everything seems to be working normally.

I can't attached videos but there is a ticket with Fanatec.

Maybe someone has the same thing and an answer? :)

best

Comments

• I can't help you but these dd/dd+ are full of defects, I'm waiting for a ticket response for the second DD+. Do you mean loud like whistling or something?

• Oh damn... the second time? What kind of problems have you had so far? No, it's not a coil whine... it's a clunky sound like a "clonk" when the steering wheel turns left or right. What is the best platform to share a video on here, then I can upload it for you.

• José LimaJosé Lima Member

I have the same problem as you do, and its getting worst with time, I haven't even put an absurd amount of hours in it.

I have used it for like 150 hour or less, which is very weird also my 1st Direct Drive experience.....

• It was a similar number of hours for me. Do you already have a solution or do you know the cause?

Any answers from Fanatec? I'm not getting any feedback.

And I can't find anyone else on the Internet who has it? You are the first to report it..

• Hi, I have The Same problem!!

I have contacted The Support for RMA and I'm waiting since 9 days with No answer.

Reinstalling The QR Adapter did Not help, and it's annoying as fuck... Clonk

I haven't open any support ticket but i think the unit i have is defective so i will do so, here is a video off my base.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/8CIiMKd7s9s

• Momorius (in the reddit Post) is working at fanatec. He Said Hardware problem so Go for The RMA. May Take some time

• I have a ticket since 23.04 and still no answer... it annoys me extremely... sucks that we all have the error, but also good so you can refer to this thread. I have already replied to the ticket several times, but nothing... I will now also try the revocation today. It can't be that we wait at home for weeks with our expensive wheelbases and it is uncertain what happens to all the money...

• So I have now also filled out the revocation form and created a paypal case. The fact that I have not even received a reply since 23.04 unfortunately does not work at all. I hope Fanatec is reading this.

i will keep using mine until it brakes or i get and RMA or some kinda of response, you hear about the bad experiences with the Fanatec gear and still buy, in hopes that they get it right but it doesn't look like it...

• I got an email from support. Now RMA is being prepared and I'm waiting for another email with The shipping label.

• I See a New Clubsport DD in my orders (sadly The 3rd one...), so my old one is replaced. The New one should be Here in a couple days.

• After reading all the comments above, about the click steering left and right, i found out (in my case) that the plastic basic quick release lock to tighten the wheel, was not turned all the way. You need some force to tighten it until you hear a click into the actual locking of the wheel. That solved the "clonck" when turning from left to right, or the otherway around, in my case. Maybe worth to try first?

Piet van Lunteren