Fanatec Clubsport DD unboxed and issues

Hi all,

I was very happy to unbox and install my CS DD today and these are the issues that came with it.

• upgraded the firmware to 455 no problem and these are the issues; My WRC Elite and CS Formula V2.5 was not recognized.
  • The CS Formula V2.5 is a mess in Xbox mode; the #1 joystick is all looney I am unable to use it. this joystick is now a combination of A + moving. So if i move it in any direction, it will also click.
  • the Fanatec Control Penal tells me that there is a QR update. when I reboot the pc or the wheelbase it goes away.
  • Tested the wheelbase in Forza Motorspoprts 7; dont ask how i got into the game with the crazy joystick. FFB at 75% (9Nm) felt good.
  • Tested the wheelbase in WRC10 with the WRC Elite steering wheel; the base felt very weak. the vibrations where not as good as with the CSL DD.

I am starting to regret this upgrade, the CSL DD 5Nm feels much better in the WRC game 100% better. I have no idea how I will fix that joystick issue as I only play on Xbox.

Any help or feedback are welcome. 🙏

Comments

• Raymond XuRaymond Xu Member

the #1 joystick is all looney I am unable to use it. this joystick is now a combination of A + moving. So if i move it in any direction, it will also click.

This is fixed in firmware included in driver 457.

• Hi Raymond,

Thank you for your reply. I havent looked into 457 yet. to be honest I didnt know it existed. I will look for it.

• Quick update on Driver 457 installed on my Clubsport DD

• Did not fix surface issues in WRC10. Wheelbase still hums instead of vibrating and FFB is almost not existent
    • crazy joystick is not fixed
    • Forza Motorsport 7; FFB none existent and xbox does not recognize the steering wheel; CS Steering wheel Formula V2 X.

I have downloaded 455 and will install that - atleast i will be able to play.

Disappointing 😞

• edited May 10

Ok another update 😀

I sent an DM to Maurice in a cry out for help, and after I sent the DM this happened:

Comp mode CSW V2.5

PC driver: 457

Wheel Base; 2.1.0.3

Wireless QR: 0000

• the feeling of the road surface in WRC10 is not still not fixed and the wheelbase still hums instead of letting you feel the gravel
    • the crazy joystick on the Clubsport steering wheel formula v2 x "sometimes" work. It's irritating to say the least
    • the same joystick on the WRC Elite steering wheel WORKS like it should - always did.
    • the FFB in Forza Motorsport 7 is back with a VENGANCE! 😀
    • I am not able to downgrade - fanatec software does not allow me to.

How all this will be fixed i have no idea. Looks like there isn't a straight forward fix to these issues. The issue of the steering wheel not being detected by the wheel base is still there. I don't get it. 😔

Why do they call it V2.5 X when V2 X is written on the box?

If anyone is able to shed some light on these issues would be great. 🙏

• Where fanatec does not provide FFB settings for many games, you have to improvise. For WRC or ea rally, try copying the FFB settings (in-game and fanalab) from either CSL DD or DD2. You can tweak from there.

in some simcade games the CS DD shows up as CSL DD which is fine, and some simcades requires compatibility mode.

for simcades, FFB can be really bad until properly tweaked.

• Thank you for your reply, I will try this. with my CSL DD it was fine out of the box.

I have never used fanalab as it is way too extensive in tweaking and I dont know if the tweaks in Fanalab only apply to PC games.

Thanks 

🙏