Fanatec is Corsair now?!?

Comments

• Raymond XuRaymond Xu Member

Eventually, probably.

Can't say it's a bad thing at all. Acquired by a PC gear company is definitely better than by a capital.

• Andreas BilkeAndreas Bilke Member
    edited May 9

But they are forced to go into insolvency to do this step...not so cool for many customers that are waiting for a refund or still have open order with no gear delivered...that money is maybe gone forever and moving to the insolvency mass to pay out the liabilities with Fanatec's suppliers!

• In my understanding, and at least in my country, if one company buys another, it buys everything from the company, including its debts

• One thing is for certain, Corsair wont allow this forum to carry on as it is, they dont like negative comments.

• Yes !

We're going to have steering wheels and pedals full of RGB :-)

On the other hand ICUE and the Fanatec programs are both gas factories :-)

• Sander DSander D Member

It seems stockholders are losing their investment so that's a bad sign but I don't think Corsair would want to start off on a bad note by screwing over loyal customers. They want to be heroes and make sure that everybody knows that you can trust this company.

• Matthew YorkMatthew York Member
    edited May 10

Corsair financial performance is as bad as Fanatec. Thier stock is down 38% last year as most other techs has shown gains. They just missed revenue expectations last week with more decines. In the Corsair report they stated the following regarding their plans for racing sim hardware with no mention of Fanatec.

As we look forward, 2024 will be an exciting year of innovation with an impressive slate of new Corsair products, as we broaden our category reach. We've done a lot of work as part of our product selection and development. As a result, we expect both our upcoming mobile gaming controller and our upcoming SIM racing product line will be two standout launches for us. Corsair Racing is set to launch at Computex in June 2024. We have developed a total experience engineered to offer a fully immersive SIM racing experience. This is a high growth category, especially as Formula One continues to gain interest in the U.S. Corsair will have a unique advantage in this market because of our ability to produce all the relevant components for a SIM racing setup combining our new racing components with our gaming PCs, curved monitors, and PC peripherals.

All speculation but I think they are buying the customer base and intellectual property and we may not see products from Fanatec with further loss of support on existing Fanatec products.

Good or bad this may be the end of Fanatec as we know it.

• So will each Fanatec product now come with 27 Corsair stickers?

• If Corsair buys or invests in Fanatec it does not mean that the Fanatec brand will change. Corsair owns several brands like elgato, scuff, etc. and they never changed their names after purchasing them.