Podium F1 wheel randomly starting races / laps with poor functionality

Hi Guys,

I have had my podium f1 for several years now with zero issues. This week however, i have noticed when running free practice laps for the deep forest manufacturers race, occasionally when I start new session / lap, I have almost no FFB, and I cant even turn to make the hairpin. If I pause and reset, it works fine.

This happened in my world series qualifying race last night. Wheel was fine in qualifying and I went P3. Race starts, I have no FFB, and my race is ruined. I had to go autopilot, reboot the wheel, and then the FFB was back (but of course too late, and a week of practice wasted).

Has anyone else had this issue? Are there any updated reccommended settings for the Podium f1 in GT7 after all the recent updates etc?

Thanks for your help!

P.S.: Are there plans for a new Podium wheel for PS5?

Comments

• I have updated to 457 to see if this fixes the issue, and now I have another problem: NDP, NFR, NIN and INT are missing from the settings, as are all of my previous 5 saved settings, replaced by either 'custom' or 'auto'.

I have restarted the wheel several times to see if this is a temporary issue. It isn't.

Was this an intentional change?

• That was no change and is no issue. You are just in the Standard Tuning Menu with limited settings and ranges. This was shown to you in a popup during the update process which you could not skip for 10 seconds. Apparently you did not read that popup. It would have explained to you how to get back into the Advanced Tuning Menu with all the settings and ranges by pressing and Holding the Tuning Menu Button for 3 seconds while being in the Tuning Menu.

• I've had the same (DD1 Podium F1) issues... start of the race or restart practice and the steering is non-existent, like its set for 10 full rotations from lock to lock.

Also, today, as I entered the pits for tyre change (GT7 Race C ) the wheel suddenly turned to full right lock (using all it's torque). I switched off, back on again but not quick enough on the buttons to connect to the PS5 so ran over the pit line - 3sec penalty! Great!

Is this a Fanatec problem (should I upgrade to 457?) OR is this a PS5 problem?

Main: FW v3.0.4

Motor: FW v3.0.0

WQR: v7

• Jason ArtsJason Arts Member
    edited May 17

"That was no change and is no issue. You are just in the Standard Tuning Menu with limited settings and ranges. This was shown to you in a popup during the update process which you could not skip for 10 seconds. Apparently you did not read that popup. It would have explained to you how to get back into the Advanced Tuning Menu with all the settings and ranges by pressing and Holding the Tuning Menu Button for 3 seconds while being in the Tuning Menu."

Yep, this was my error. I found it when I went back into the software on my laptop.

To say there is no issue with FFB disappearing is quite unfair to customers. Many are reporting it at various points in the game where steering inputs are stopped and restarted - in my case, in starting a race, restarting a time trial challenge or free practice. Others reporting it after pitstops. It IS INDEED happening.

For the record, I have played a few hours on 457 and haven't experienced the issue yet, but to me it feels more likely that it's a game issue more than a fanatec one (I will reach out to Thrustmaster users I know and see if anyone has experienced similar).

For reference, I would say it feels like the in-game settings for sensitivity and FFB drop to 1 and 1 randomly. Though I'm not sure the in-game value for sensitivity works like the fanatec setting (i.e. rotation degrees). When it happened to me on Deep Forest, I was unable to turn to make the hairpin before the beginning of the lap (i.e. the steering inputs I had used for the 10 laps prior, were not enough to turn the car....)

Anyway, hope that helps. I'll report back if I experience the issue again.

• Confirming that this still happens.