Anybody else think a Type F adapter is unlikely?

They were promised in every ClubSport DD variant listing, but I think it would cut into Fanatec's QR2 wheel side sales. Also with the company takeover will probably get lost in transaction.

Damn it I have 9 non upgradable QR1 wheels and converting them would be too costly. It is a simple 1 piece machined part, hope a third party will offer one up were Fanatec has dropped the ball.

Comments

• I have been asked about this many times and held off trying to do anything because I was worried that as soon as I committed to spend on production Fanatec would release the product.

Don't under estimate the amount of work required for this to get something that is a good fit. The QR1's have quite a wide tolerance variation when you compare the older wheels to the modern QR1 so getting everything to fit and not have play is difficult.

As there is no sign of anything from Fanatec on this, I've started work on a prototype. As a 3D print it's nearly there... but 3D to Aluminum is a big leap both in terms of cost and tolerances.

I am sure there will be no reply from Fanatec, but would really appreciate knowing if the official product is due soon, to save me doing this. If I don't hear anything I will proceed with the part, I would estimate middle of July to have something ready.

• Hi Simon,

You were my first choice for a third party, everything I've bought from you has been high quality so glad you're considering one.

I saw the Fanatec prototype from Will @ Boosted Media and assumed they would make a 1 piece adapter but could also be like the Podium DD with the expanding rubber and wheel.