Fanatec Podium GT3 BMW M4 wheel

I am wondering if this wheel will ever come back in stock?

Comments

• edited May 22

Nobody knows and could answer that.

• Thank you Maurice, as always you are the goat.

• Muhammad GillMuhammad Gill Member
    edited May 22

wait i answered that after you said yes. my bad, still the fanatec goat tho

• I wonder if BMW is still using it for the current model year car. If not, we could safely assume Fanatec will no longer make it.

i have one, and my biggest concern is that it has LED issues with the newest Fanatec bases, and they have expressly said they are not working on a fix now.

I am really hoping they continue to update AND FIX THESE SMALL ANNOYING ISSUES.

• Of course they do.

• It still shows on the bmw race car website, but not sure it confirms the partnership is active for cars being ordered now.

• When you say ‘of course they do’, do you mean Fanatec will fix the issue with using the wheel on the new CS bases?

• edited May 22

How can one even question this... What other wheel should the car use? I think you dont know what it takes to develop a Wheel and homologate it with the FIA so it can be used in a real race car. A Wheel is essential for the car homologation, a Wheel can not be dropped and exchanged with a completely different new one within some weeks.

The wheel belongs to the car and it will be used in the car until the car is EOL.

And of course Fanatec will fix issues with the wheel on the CS DD Base. It's just unknown whenever this might be the case. I personally dont expect a fix this year for the LED issue.

• Not trying to be confrontational here, and I think your response is a bit insulting. If I am BMW, and a key supplier was at risk for bankruptcy, I would absolutely be assessing my alternatives. That is a legitimate thought.

The fact that it will take a year to fix something so minor is also odd.

Look, I am rooting for Fanatec. I think the gear is top notch and first class. But I am also not blind and things are in turmoil at the moment (even when not taking into account order/customer service). With close to $7,000 US in Fanatec gear, I think I have a legitimate right to ask questions.

Also, I am no troll. I have posted plenty of times about my good experience with Fanatec, including all my delivered orders this year, and my experience with the CS DD+.

• Good morning, I ask in this post, so as not to create a new one.

I am interested in this wheel, but the Gran Turismo DD Extreme does not appear in the compatible bases. Is this wheel compatible with this base?

Greetings and thanks!

• Yes it is.