CSL DD + McLaren GT3 Calibration

I purchased a new bundle. Fanatec CSL DD McLaren. So far everything went well, installation and drivers.

But what's very strange is that the steering wheel doesn't stay at 0 degrees. As soon as I let go of it at 0 degrees it drops to 3 degrees.

The calibration never goes to 0 either.

What can I do or is the base or wheel defectiv?

Comments

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited May 25

perhaps because off magnets what push them away at 0?

what happens if you increase the nfr and ndp ?

• I have this same problem but with a CSL DD WRC wheel. I think this is normal because of the magnets in the wheelbase, if you turn off your wheelbase you can feel each position of the magnet and some placements of the wheel the wheel can not do because of the magnet positions in wheelbase. If you turn on the wheelbase and you are in a game it smoothens out and you can not feel it anymore and your wheel keeps straight. Otherwise i guess this is the reason why so many people have oscillation when they let go of their hands from the wheel.. and the car can not drive in a straight line because of this when let go hands of the wheel. I have not played for a while and i can not test this again to make sure because of the driver problems that going around now. Ones the driver got fixed i come back to let you know.

• Very strange problem for me. I always feel the magnet positions. During the race, not so much but still. And the steering wheel doesn't stay at 0 degrees either. No idea what's wrong. But it's weird to drive like that. As if the steering wheel always locks in certain positions and when driving straight it always slides slightly to the right (3 degrees).

edited May 26

you sure that you calibrate steering wheel at center position ?

i ask this because once i made a mistake aswell

• Yeah steering and base is calibrated in Center. But still goes to the right (3 degrees). And i always feel the magnet positions. So its not that smooth to drive. Dont know what fanatec can help here. I opened a ticket.

• I think what i mean ist cogging when i turning the wheel.

• magnets feeling not goes away at least in csl dd

• Some say it is Not normal and should be move smooth. Some say they changed the base via RMA and the Problem is gone. Hmm weird.

• Did you changed any settings on the wheelbase? Because i have the same problem but only when the wheelbase is turned off i can feel the magnet positions. If i am in a game it smooths out that magnet feeling because the feedback settings kicks in.

• Yeah i changed settings to Test it. But you can still feel the Magnets in Game. Ist doesnt smooth out. So i guess this is Not normal and unplayable with this feeling.

• I can not feel what you are feeling when you drive unfortunately but you must not feel the magnets positions in the wheelbase when you are in a game. I don't feel the magnets in game but when my csl dd wheelbase is turned off i do feel them.

• Racing Dog NLRacing Dog NL Member
    edited May 28

Try to change these settings on your wheelbase and see if that helps (these changes helped for me) you must ofcourse test it in a game after you changed these settings.

but first write down your default settings you run now in case you want to go back to your settings.

So drive for a while with these settings and also drive in a straight line with your hands of the wheel and gently push the throttle and see if this helps prevent your wheel pulling to one side. Also first calibrate your wheelbase again before going to race.

NDP ~ 15%

NFR ~ 5%

NIN ~ 20%

INT ~ off (0%)

FEI ~ 20%

FOR ~ 100%

SPR ~ 50%

DPR ~ 100%

• So i tried this. Still the same problem. On Straight the wheel goes 3-4 degress to the right when straight at 0 degrees and i feel the magnet position very hard. Complete cogging when turning the wheel during race. Unplayable and not smooth. Tried yesterday a Monza R5, this is smooth. So sad that the base isnt that good. I wil return the complete bundle.

edited May 29

had to say i to hate that magnets feeling as well. it they would be smooth magnet feeling you would not feel them much.

but fanatec csl dd seems have very big caps between them what causes this

if talk about DD2 then that is way much better

• Whats with Clubsport DD ? Same issue with magnets?

• It is twice maybe 3 times the price of a csl dd, if you think that's worth it for you and you are an advanced PC sim racer then go for it. But remind that the Clubsport DD is only for PC and not for both Xbox and PC like the CSL DD. Also try to test the Clubsport DD first somewhere before buying and make sure you don't feel the same thing with that wheelbase (don't go by words from others, try it yourself!) btw When you return your wheelbase and get a new csl dd please come back here and let us know if that solves your issue, we helped you also with your questions. Thank you