Help me compile all the Fanatec Wheelbase windows device names and PID & VID codes.

To all users:

I am in the process of compiling all the "WINDOWS DEVICE NAMES" and GUID's (PID and VID) for FANATEC Wheel Bases so as to get old Codemaster racing games such as Dirt2, Dirt3, Dirt4, Dirt Rally, Grid and Grid Autosport working with all previous and current models of Fanatec Wheel Bases (Direct Drive mainly).

I have all of those games working with my Podium F1 PS4 (DD1) and need any one owning the below models that have a "Name not sure" or "Both not sure" such as the newest CS DD and DD+, any ones I may have missed altogether also.

If anyone else can verify these Windows Device names and Hardware Product ID's, please post your results for any incorrect ones.

How to find your Fanatec Wheel Bases Name in "Windows Control Panel" -> "Devices and Printers"

How to find your Fanatec Wheel Bases Name and the GUID = PID and VID via Windows Device Manager:-

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GesNGvzZvhQ6gyEiH30w20JjY3_FWhDb&usp=drive_fs

Wheel Base NAMES                   PID/VID    Correct

<FFBDevice name="FANATEC CSL Wheel Base"             0E030EB7  Both Name and PID good

<FFBDevice name="FANATEC CSL Wheel Base Elite"       00050EB7  Name not sure

<FFBDevice name="FANATEC ClubSport Wheel Base"       038E0EB7  Name not sure

<FFBDevice name="FANATEC ClubSport Wheel Base V2.0" 00010EB7  Name not sure

<FFBDevice name="FANATEC ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5" 00040EB7  Both Name and PID good

<FFBDevice name="FANATEC Wheel"                       00200EB7  Both Name and PID good for a CSL DD / GT DD Pro

<FFBDevice name="FANATEC Podium Wheel Base DD1"      00060EB7  Both Name and PID good

<FFBDevice name="FANATEC Podium Wheel Base DD2"      00070EB7  Both Name and PID good

<FFBDevice name="FANATEC ClubSport Wheel Base DD"    00210EB7  Both not sure

<FFBDevice name="FANATEC ClubSport Wheel Base DD+"   00220EB7  Both not sure

TIA for any and all help.

Comments

• fanatec does support all the games what have a directx input. not sure what is your goal

• MadDog-ICMadDog-IC Member

Goal for myself is already achieved, Automatic detection of your wheel base and configuration of all buttons and axis on wheel, clutch, H pattern shifter, handbrake, etc. in games mentioned, yes you can configure the buttons and axis manually in game (If it can in fact detect the wheel base in first place), but you miss out on using the funky switch to navigate the game and its menus along with other reserved features that you can't program in game.

Other point is that these games don't even detect modern FANATEC DD WHEEL BASES in native PC mode as they weren't even available 16 years or so ago, unless you run your Fanatec DD in compatible mode for CSW v2.5, or CSL Elite wheel base you might be lucky.

My goal is to simply get the required information I asked for especially for the CS DD and CS DD+ for completeness as that information is required for the games noted above to function correctly by identifying automatically what Fanatec Wheel Base is Active and load an appropriate mapping of all the required controls on the Steering Wheel so others wanting to play these game again with no fuss setting up all the controls.

I thought it what quite a simple and modest request, having a link already that shows how people that own the CS DD or CS DD+, etc could find their Fanatec Wheel Bases Device names and the Hardware ID - PID and VID.

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited May 29

CSW v2.5 needed only some games, and in some i mean maybe 2 or 3

anything below rfactor 1, CSW v2.5 feature is useless. at there would be no difference if use the comp mode or not

• i can't give you that info as it would break NDA

but i quess its possible find other way aswell

• MadDog-ICMadDog-IC Member

NP, looking at some Fanatec logs, shows most likely that since the CSL DD all Wheel Bases show as "Fanatec Wheel" in windows and use a PID of 0020.

So I am to assume what would work would be:

<FFBDevice name="FANATEC Wheel"                     00200EB7  Both Name and PID good for a CSL DD / GT DD Pro / CS DD / CS DD+

• DavrosDavros Member

Just want to say Thank you for doing this MadDog

ps: Allan Lehtla if you still visit this post are you serious, Fanatec put their Device id's under nda ?

If so that is ridiculous