CS DD+ magnet resistance (cogging?)

Hi there,

I have been using my CS DD+ for a few weeks now; however have noticed very uneven magnet resistance. I am not sure if this is cogging that is described elsewhere. The wheelbase certainly doesn't feel smooth when rotating around either powered or not.

This video hopefully shows the uneven resistance between the magnets

Is this normal for the CS DD+?

Comments

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited June 5

probaply issue is that there is huge caps at place where is coil self. they to made small caps between magnets yes but they forget opposite.

unfortunately this feeling pops up more at games where is very smooth turning like trucks and so on.

but its better than belt

• I powered mine on today and had a new firmware update I installed that and now also have really bad cogging on any wheel I use any game. I dont know if it was the firmware or if the issue was there before that. I still have force feedback and everything seems to be working but the cogging feeling makes this not usable for me. especially after feeling what its supposed to feel like normally. not sure what to do now

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited June 6

" I dont know if it was the firmware or if the issue was there before that "

this doesn't make any sense. you say you not know your own hardware how it behaves

• I haven't played my sim in like a week. It was working fine then. It was most likely the firmware update I did but since I haven't played it recently I honestly can't say for sure if thats the issue. Not sure on how to rollback the firmware update to confi rm this. No reason to be snide.

• Abnormal noise, unable to return to normal, and the magnetic resistance you mentioned is very uneven