CSL DD won’t connect to Formula V2.5

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

I bought a family member a CSL DD and a Formula V2.5.

Downloaded drivers from fanatec (455), after I installed the drivers, and opened control panel, it gave me a permission request which I press yes. It then did someone on control panel and gave me the permission request again. This was a constant loop until I unplugged the USB and plugged it back in. It then was showing the CSL DD in control panel fine.

Did all the updates required and then plugged the V2.5 in.

It started the update for the wheel but then stopped at 2% and said update stopped by error.

After this when I now put the wheel on the base none of the Fanatec logos pop up on the wheel but control panel recognises it as a V2.5 but doesn’t recognise any button input.

I took the wheel and tried it on my GT DD, updated right away and works perfectly fine.

Thinking I’d cracked it, put it back on the CSL DD and control panel started recognising is at a V2 universal hub. Then changed the V2.5 and said it needed and update. Tried the update and then started firing errors at me again.

So the V2.5 works on my GT DD but not the CSL. (So I know the wheel is fine)

The CSL base works with the normal GT wheel attached but as soon as I attach the V2.5 it puts the base into update mode but won’t update the wheel. Have to remove the wheel and turn the base off and on.

I’ve tried resitting the stem and uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers (tried 457 drivers as well).

- Is this a stem issue connecting the the V2.5 pins?

- a firmware issue? Drivers not installing correctly?

- a PC issue? PC stopping the drivers installing?

I’ve yet to tried the CSL DD on a different PC

Occasionally the V2.5 will spurt into life on the CSL DD and the fanatec logo will show on the wheel and will detected button input, but then it’ll lag and stop detecting and you’ll hear the wheel disconnect.

Comments