Button module rally dead after 1 hour

It worked great for an hour, I unplugged it, then plugged back into the podium hub. Screen went mostly all white and then went blank. No response from the module at all now .

Is there a reset feature ? Before this I did upgrade the firmware , with no problems. But now of course it does not show up in any software.

Any help would be great, otherwise I have a very nice and expensive paper weight .

Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

Well I guess I’m the only one with a defective module?

Maybe Maurice can chime in? Again no power, no lights, not recognized by anything.

I cannot return it at the moment and I have a feeling this will take months when I do start a warranty claim. Thanks for any help.

• well the issue could be w the podium hub itself. Also would be helpful to know which base and fw version

So working back thru that using the driver control panel

did you try just see the hub itself w the PBME disconnected? The hub should register by itself

is it QR1/QR2? Did you do the QR2 install? Check the pins are tight and the right spacer is used, as dead sounds like no power or bad connection could be the issue unless the hub itself is bad

The small usb cable from the BME or the socket on the hub could be loose dirty or bad as well

Did you disconnect the BME cable while it was on the base powered on? Don’t know if that would cause the issue but most people likely do that when the wheel is off the base while building it up

• Thanks for the reply.

I have 2 hubs. Same results on both hubs. It was a brand new BME unit when this happened. I have a dd+ running 455.

When first connected going into the software the hub isn’t recognized. Disconnecting the BME the hub will show up. Connecting the module back in and the hub is still recognized without showing the BME. This whole time there is no power at all on the BME.

I did disconnect while the power was on. Thats when it all started.

I wonder if a electronic repair shop can take a look at it.

• Seems definitely the issues is the BME then. So either some kind of surge killed it or its stuck in some weird mode where it just appears dead.

There is some sort of bootloader recovery mode for bases that I’ve seen in passing, but don’t know much as I’ve never used it. If its just brainlocked then maybe that’s a way.

If its an obvious fried component the an e shop might be able to fix it, but if its not obvious kind of hard to TS wo any docs. There are screws holding it together I guess you could take a look for anything obvious

• Well fanatec got back but I’m still lost. They emailed …

“2. Attached you will find a recovery tool for the Podium Button Module Endurance. Download this tool, and follow the instructions listed in the document located in the zip file.”

There was no file attached, no zip file. I’m still waiting for a reply back from them asking them where the file is. That was late week.

If anyone could point me to this zip file I would appreciate it.

And just a reminder there is no life at all to the PBM.

Thanks