Formula clubsport v2 buttons stop Working randomly (fixed)

I had this problem for a Long time. I have tried many things but nothing worked until now.

I changed the connector from the wheel to the base, see picture.

Now it is working again 😁

Comments

• Hi there,could you please describe the problem you had?

I also have buttons randomly disconnecting for few seconds (including upshift paddle), which make my V2.5 formula wheel unusable.

I wonder if this solution might work for me.

• Every time I had the disconnect, I need to restart the base before it works again.

At last it was very often it happened, and sometimes more than one restart before it worked again.

• What do you mean by disconnect? Like the whole wheel? Just a few buttons? Do the pedals and steering still work when it disconnects?

• All buttons, display and gearshift disconnect. Steering, external gearshifter and force feedback still works. The base is a clubsport v2,5.

• Ok thanks ! My problem is similar besides I still have the display and some buttons still work when the disconnection occurs. I pulled the trigger and bought the SRM connector. I will keep you posted if it solves my problem.

• 🤞

• So i received the SRM wheel connector within 3 days and swaped it in my formula V2.5 wheel.

Sadly the disconnection still occured after 15-20 min of gameplay on GT7...

Fanatec support told to check the QR connection and tighten the screws around the pins on the wheel connector, but this solution doesn't work either. So i'm stuck with a 500€ wheel that doesn't function, with no solution...

• Sorry to hear 😞

• Damien Porcelli

some disconnection is from firmware self. i'm sorry that you buy this first place

• What firmware do you recommend for the v2.5 wheel?

• I finally managed to fix the problem by changing the USB cable between the PS5 and the DD pro wheelbase, no more disconnection since!

• Super 👍