Clubsport v3 hs ?

Hello. Owner of a clubsport v3, I am very happy with my dd fanatec. I'm currently on vacation, and I lent my simracing to a friend so that he could test it all during my holidays. .

But instead of simply connecting his ps4 console (I play on ps5) via the rj cable that was plugged into the base, he had the great idea of connecting the pedalboard to the usb port of his ps4, while leaving the rj cable connected to the base of the dd.... As a result, he calls me to tell me that the pedalboard is not working. I asked him for his connection before shouting: no you should never connect at the same time in rj and usb, even on a ps4... I'm deg and far from the simulator. Is there a way to get this stupidity back or is it dead? Thank you

Comments

• If it stopped working straight after that mistake it is fatal and needs an RMA for a repair, at least that is what I have seen happen to all that have done it.

• Aie, I think my garanti is over :(

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited June 29

well. in my view its a fanatec fault really. they are responsible stuff that nothing should happen with hardware like this human error.

if every electric engineer in world would be that careless. then houses would start burn down as well.

there are some people talking tho that they hardware been work just ok after they connected cables correctly.

• He tried to connect them correctly, but it doesn't seem to work anymore...I'll try to connect this to my pc when I get back

I see no other solution.

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited June 29

fuchs stephane

i seen once a user who not even know how connect rj cable correctly to socket , so instead he push that inside socket opposite and complain that it go inside very hard

hope it works for you. if not then yeah.

• Looks like your friend is buying you a new set of pedals. Theres a warning in the manuals stating very clearly not to do that

• If the pedals are out of warranty you can buy a replacement controller board from Fantec.

No need to replace pedals as a whole, just the controller PCB on the pedals is fried.