Resolving ClubSport V3 Pedal Issues – A Comprehensive Guide

M BergM Berg Member

Forum Article: Resolving ClubSport V3 Pedal Issues – A Comprehensive Guide

Introduction

I recently faced significant challenges with my Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals, particularly with the brake pedal but also the whole pedal rig. After extensive troubleshooting, replacing parts, and recalibrating, I managed to restore full functionality to all pedals. Here, I want to share my experience and the steps I took to help others who might face similar issues.

Problem Description

Initially, there was a deterioration of connection problems with my pedals. The issues began with periodic disconnections:

• Initial Symptoms: The pedals were malfunctioning both with my PlayStation / PC and when connected directly using the Fanatec software. Restarting temporarily resolved the issue, but this eventually stopped being effective.
  • Testing: I connected the pedals directly via USB to my laptop, bypassing the wheelbase. They were recognized and registered input, but the connection dropped intermittently, even without interaction, and reconnected sporadically.

Short Summary of Steps Taken to solve all my problems

1. Replaced the Main PCBA: Addressed initial pedal issues.
  2. Checked All Connections: Ensured all connections were secure and correct.
  3. Installed and Aligned the Hall Sensor: Critical for detecting brake pedal position.
  4. Calibration: Used Fanatec Control Panel software for initial calibration.
  5. Final Adjustment: Manually configured the minimum and maximum pedal input values in the Fanatec Control Panel, which ultimately resolved the brake pedal issue.

Detailed Steps

1. Initial Replacement and Setup

• Action: Replaced the main PCBA (Printed Circuit Board Assembly) as suggested by Fanatec support.
  • Outcome: Resolved issues with the gas and throttle pedals, but the brake pedal remained non-functional.

2. Checking Connections

• Action: Verified all pedal connections to ensure they were secure and correctly installed.
  • Outcome: Confirmed that all connections were properly set up, but the brake pedal issue persisted.

3. Installing and Aligning the Hall Sensor

• Action: Correctly positioned and aligned the hall sensor on the brake pedal. Ensured the magnet on the rod was aligned with the sensor.
  • Outcome: Improved the likelihood of the sensor detecting the brake pedal’s position, but the brake pedal still did not function.

4. Initial Calibration

• Action: Calibrated the pedals using the Fanatec Control Panel software.
  • Outcome: The gas and throttle pedals were calibrated successfully. However, the brake pedal still did not register correctly.

5. Verifying Vibration Motor

• Action: Confirmed that the vibration motor on the brake pedal was working, indicating that the pedal had power through the PCBA.
  • Outcome: Established that the issue was likely with the sensor alignment or calibration rather than power.

6. Final Adjustment

• Action:
    • Reassembled the brake pedal and ensured the hall sensor and magnetic ring were correctly aligned.
    • Manually configured and adjusted the minimum and maximum values of the brake pedal input in the Fanatec Control Panel software.
  • Outcome: Successfully resolved the issue. The brake pedal now registered input correctly, and all pedals were fully functional.

Conclusion

After a long and exhaustive process, I successfully restored full functionality to my Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals. The key steps were aligning the hall sensor and magnetic ring and manually configuring the pedal input values in the Fanatec Control Panel. I hope this guide helps others facing similar issues with their pedal sets.

Support Communication and Frustration with Delays

Throughout this process, I was in communication with Fanatec support.

The delays in receiving responses and the initial incorrect part shipment added significant frustration to the process. Despite these challenges, the persistent efforts and eventual resolution were worth it but it cost me 12 weeks! and a lot of frustrations unfortunately.

Comments

• MadDog-ICMadDog-IC Member

Thanks for sharing your experience, I am sure it will be of use for others.

• useful info -just a note - brake uses a load cell, which you show in a pic, not a hall sensor and magnet which are used on the gas and clutch