Fanatec GT DD+ : decorative object for €1000 ?

Hi,

I pre-ordered my GT DD+ in October 2023, received in February 2024 after numerous delays.

There was a coil whine problem, so 1st RMA.

Returned defective from RMA in April, and my base permanently stopped.

New RMA, and returned defective in June to be permanently stopped again.

I have been waiting desperately for another month.

I paid more than €1000 in October 2023, for a base that for never worked.

I understand there is a delay for responses, but not as long after the 2nd RMA!

There is no control before the bases are sent back, this is an unacceptable situation!!!

I want an exchange or a refund, but no one answers!

I still can't use what I bought last year!

I need help before calling on a consumer association, because I no longer see a way out...

Comments

• Both RMA: What have they replaced? You can see that in your order page.

Defective: What exactly were the issues? After 1st RMA, coil whine gone but what then? And after 2nd?

• I just can see the working time in my orders, 45 minutes for the first RMA, and 60 for the 2nd RMA.

After the first RMA, there was no longer the coil whine, but it was impossible to start the base, there were sensations of very hard magnets, and my base stop that same evening.

After the 2nd RMA, my base worked for an hour, then shut down permanently again.

Since then, it has been impossible to turn it back on, despite the LED being lit on the power supply.

• Well this is some weird shit I've never heard of... For coil whine they replace either several capacitors or the entire PCBA. My RMAed base replaced the latter and the base has been fine since then. So that's why I'm asking what they have replaced in your base. But maybe we'll never know.

Two consecutive failed RMAs... that's a nightmare.

• Indeed, it's a nightmare, 1000 €, and I have the impression that I will never be able to use my base...

Fanatec doesn't even respond, I think they don't know how to repair it, and they don't want to exchange or refund my base.

If this continues, I will call on a consumer association, it's not normal to be pushed around like that...

The company's economic situation is going badly, but they were able to pre-sell us their unfinished equipment!

They don't own up to their mistakes...

• which is no secret but old news. You wanna post this now everywhere even though everyone knows since months?