Update 1.49

edited July 25 in Gran Turismo

From the GT7 Update Today:

-------------------------------------------------

- Controller behavior for steering wheels have been updated.

・The force feedback algorithm has been adjusted, allowing devices to use their full torque range.

・The steering geometry calculation have improved, resulting in better force feedback feeling.

2. Controllers

- We addressed an issue in which force feedback vibration on the Logitech® G923 was too sensitive.

- The strength of the vibration effect on the Logitech® PRO Racing Wheel has been adjusted.

- The performance stability for all Fanatec® steering controllers has improved.

- The LEDs of the four sticks on the Fanatec® GT DD Extreme will now light up in the color of the corresponding MFD.

- We also adjusted the Tuning Menu Auto Setup parameters for the Fanatec® GT DD Pro/Extreme, and Podium.

Selecting "Auto Setup" (AS or A SET) from the Tuning Menu on the wheel will load the optimal parameters for playing Gran Turismo. A firmware update may be required in order to enable the Auto Setup function on your device. In Podium mode, Auto Setup is intended for use in Low Torque mode. The use of High Torque mode will require manual adjustments.

-------------------------------------------------

What is the minimum firmware version I need to get the optimal parameters?

I'm curious if the ForeFeedback is finally better with this update

Comments

• Markus TMarkus T Member

I only played for a few minutes early today but in my personal opinion the Auto setup felt worse than before. But I'm using another setup anyway that still feels good, although the changes in the updates require some changes to the tuning menu settings as well

• With my DD1, before the patch I had the wheel settings where I wanted it. After the patch well thats a different story.

I had zero feeling of what the car is doing.

I updated the firmware on my laptop and updated the firmware on my base and wheel. Now I can kind of feel what the car is doing, Kind Of. I tried the ASET mode, this puts the base at full power and made it hard to drive. (I realize now after reading the patch note above, its recommended to be in low torque mode.)

I went back to my old seetings, I bump up the FFB, made the feel just a little bit better but too much oscillation.

Anyone have a good settings for the DD1 for patch 1.49?

• DD+ and I find the changes a big improvement after bumping up in game one notch 3->4 and ffb on the wheel 75->80 and FOR 90->100

Feels much more lively suspension movement and weight transfer - very pleased so far

• hi, have a podium dd1 base, with f1 v2.5 wheel…someone can help me with settings …the older are not working well with this 1.49 patch….

• I finally tweaked my settings and firmware on the DD+ and indeed the car can be thrown around alot more .... it just has some dead spots on the steering wheel where before there was tension .....but every track you can tll you can drive faster and slife around more without crashing

• Tried using the Auto Setup but it sets the steering rotation to 1080 instead of AUTO. Anyone else having this issue? Using the latest RC drivers on my GT DD Pro.

I ended up copying the other Auto Setup settings back to my GT7 tuning menu preset (which correctly uses AUTO sensitivity), and setting both in-game FFB value to 10. Did a couple of GT3 events to test it out – tried the Huracán around Austria in the wet which felt great, but the 911 on Lago Maggiore and Deep Forrest felt terrible. The 911 had a massive jump in FFB strength, but it was also hard to feel what the car was doing (maybe clipping?). I could somewhat fix it by adjusting the in-game FFB settings, but changing it every time I change car is going to get old quick.

The physics updates are great though, and hopefully there’s a fix on the way for the FFB.

• More testing - some cars feel great, others with certain tuning especially feel off. But biggest issue is cars hitting 200mph/300kpph and faster occillate like crazy - like the old tomahawk. You can tune it a bit by lowering sensitivity in game, or running much higher NDP or INT or all 3 but these compromise some of the feedback so not ideal. There are issues w the physics or the FF or both that need to be fixed by PD - whether that turns out to be an overall improvement or just an unsatisfying compromise is TBD🫰

• Turning FOR (not FFB) down to 50-70 for the GR1 cars w high oscillation helps. Steering feel is still strong so high NDP and INT not needed as those don’t completely help anyway. Road cars however go limp. So something in the suspension model for those cars is different perhaps and reacts strongly