CSL seat missing piece

Hello,

I have an old Fanatec CSL seat and unfortunately lost a tube that is essential for assembling my sim rig. I contacted Fanatec support and received a prompt response, but they asked me to identify the missing piece using the manual for the new CSL seat, which I do not have.

I replied with a picture of the missing piece and informed them that I have the older version of the CSL seat. However, I have not received any further response since more than 2 weeks.

Could you please advise me on how I might obtain this missing piece? I’d really appreciate any help, as I don’t want to have to give up on my sim rig. Missing piece should be marked on the picture

Thank you very much for your assistance!

MY seat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI7aWvqBKbU

Best regards,

Comments

• yes thats my seat but i lost a tube :( so i cant build up my sim rig and dont want to throw it away :(

• There's a used one on eBay with a starting bid of .01 cent (and $109.00 usd shipping 😂)

If it was me, I would keep the seat and chuck the rest. You can get a lot nicer sim race frames for as low as $150.00 usd (Marada or Gazzyt example) on Amazon.

The seat has a non standard mounting though and would take some modding.

• Thank you for your reply. Do you think I can mount the seat on any given rigs? That would be great!

• oh as you mentioned you told me the seat does not has a standard mounting..

dont you think its not better just to throw the rig away :( man i hate fanatec support...

• its a 11 year old product 🙃 what support you want for that ?

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited October 9

just buy same size pipe, then todo pressure to the same angle like you other tube is and then trill the holes.

like really guys you never had in school job training class

it really hard buy that old thing, what fanatec self not even self anymore by default

• Most sim rigs (mine included), have seat brackets that will adjust for width to accommodate different seat brands and have four mounting holes for the sliders.

You could probably locate your seat where your comfortable and drill four holes to mount it, but lose forward and aft adjustment.

Also like Allan mentioned, a muffler shop could duplicate the tubing for the missing part, but you would have to drill all them holes, not easy.

• thanks for your replies. I'm going to give it a shot and try to buy a pipe to handle it myself.

That being said, I would appreciate it if Fanatec could at least respond to my emails and not leave me waiting. I understand there's a lot going on, but a reply would still be appreciated. Honestly, it makes me question whether I want to continue being a Fanatec customer if this is the kind of support I can expect with future purchases.