Updates on Mclaren, Podium Base and GTS

Comments

• The production of the McLaren is running smoothly and so far we look forward to ship it out by the end of the month as promised.
    Would it be possible to have a more precise date? Like Week 16 or Week 17? I understand if you cannot state the exact day when the shipping will start, but... we're all just excited for the wheel, aren't we? :D
  • [-O] 
  • edited April 2018
    Hoffentlich wird die DD-Base als Endprodukte mit Faneleds wie bei der Elite-Basis ps4 betrieben werden.  [-O<
  • edited April 2018

The production of the McLaren is running smoothly and so far we look forward to ship it out by the end of the month as promised.
    Would it be possible to have a more precise date? Like Week 16 or Week 17? I understand if you cannot state the exact day when the shipping will start, but... we're all just excited for the wheel, aren't we? :D

End of the month a.k.a. Complain after May 1, 2018. I preordered too but c'mon people get a grip; it's done when it's done.
  • edited April 2018
    The production of the McLaren is running smoothly and so far we look forward to ship it out by the end of the month as promised.
    Just two more weeks... In the meantime we can watch this nice video.- I did it again and again...

• End of the month a.k.a. Complain after May 1, 2018. I preordered too but c'mon people get a grip; it's done when it's done.
    I think you misunderstood - I'm not complaining at all. I just asked if it would be possible. If it is not, I'm fine with that too.
  • My guess, shipping date for the McLaren rim will be 23rd of April.
    :-bd
  • Dear Fanatec guys,

Any kind of ballpark idea of when you will be able to ship non preorder wheels. Just asking in terms of a couple of months, six months, etc. I ask because if the potential wait is significant I will consider the CS Formula wheel instead.

Cheers chaps!

• Thomas, 

What you think about the new DD wheel from VR they just put it in kickstarter and is a bom a lot of guys out there put his money in that bet and they even are talking of native integration with consoles! almonst looks like the utopia of DD WHEELS, is that simple because like I see it takes you a hell lot of work to make a deal with sony, can you tell us what you think about it
    [-O<
  • Thomas, 

What you think about the new DD wheel from VR they just put it in kickstarter and is a bom a lot of guys out there put his money in that bet and they even are talking of native integration with consoles! almonst looks like the utopia of DD WHEELS, is that simple because like I see it takes you a hell lot of work to make a deal with sony, can you tell us what you think about it
    [-O<
    OTOH, it's a kickstarter, they could burn through your money and ship nothing and you'd have no recourse.  FeelVR sounds sketchy as hell, the initial reviews are pretty mediocre, and there is no way they get an actual license for xbox and ps.  WIthout the license and paying the royalties they'd get sued out of business. 

FeelVR may ship and even be less expensive than a CSW v2.5, but I think it would likely be an inferior product to a CSW 2.5.
  • I have a CSL Elite for the PS4 and have a McLaren GT3 Wheel on the pre-order......Can't wait!! Question for Thomas and any other members of the Fanatec Team, could we get a dedicated WRC replica wheel next??? Perhaps a licensed Toyota or Ford WRC wheel for Dirt Rally etc would be awesome!
  • Thomas, 

[-O<
    Knowing how much it costs to build such a product and what it takes to run a company they will have my honest and full respect if they come up with decent and high quality products and worldwide logistics and service. 

If they really can get official licenses from Sony and MS which took as many years to get then they deserve even more respect.

We certainly do take any competition seriously but it does not influence our product development. We already put all our efforts into  it and there is not much we can do to speed up our DD development.

• I have a CSL Elite for the PS4 and have a McLaren GT3 Wheel on the pre-order......Can't wait!! Question for Thomas and any other members of the Fanatec Team, could we get a dedicated WRC replica wheel next??? Perhaps a licensed Toyota or Ford WRC wheel for Dirt Rally etc would be awesome!
    A WRC wheel sounds interesting but it is quite close to the CSL Elite P1. I would rather go for a CSL handbrake next.
  • Thomas, 

[-O<
    Knowing how much it costs to build such a product and what it takes to run a company they will have my honest and full respect if they come up with decent and high quality products and worldwide logistics and service. 

If they really can get official licenses from Sony and MS which took as many years to get then they deserve even more respect.

We certainly do take any competition seriously but it does not influence our product development. We already put all our efforts into  it and there is not much we can do to speed up our DD development.
    Eloquent as always Thomas, the best response to to a question on one's competition that I've ever read.
  • Thomas, 

[-O<

Eloquent as always Thomas, the best response to to a question on one's competition that I've ever read.
    Is just why I make the question don't believe there's so many people putting his money in not well know people and the offer to much for this quantity of money make me think, will the get all they say is better for us the costumer's much offers better prices but if someone reading this is thinking make the investment I recommend wait till they taked out and waist the additional 100 they say will cost after the kitstarter, so if every thing go wrong we will be waiting here to get the best product money can buy!
  • Thomas, 

[-O<

Hi Thomas, 

Will the Podium bases be available in all regions on release?  I'm in Australia, and hope to purchase/pre-order a Podium Base and Steering wheel kit as soon as it's announced.

Thanks, Carlos

A WRC wheel sounds interesting but it is quite close to the CSL Elite P1. I would rather go for a CSL handbrake next.
    Thanks for the reply Thomas. A CSL handbrake? Really? The Club Sport one is well priced already.....I have one coming with the McLaren wheel! Haha
  • My vote would be CSL shifter. The CS Shifter is sweet, but something a little easier on pocket book would be nice too.
  • It will be 25 degree celsius tomorrow in Belgium, i call that summer, bring on that dd wheel
  • Also please get Sim Racing Garage an early review sample.  

That guy does fantastic work reviewing gear.
    http://simracinggarage.com/

• @Thomas Jackermeier only for Console 2Question 1.Question Work the Dual Coupling System on Console by a Game like F1 2017? 2.Qustion Will coming new Drivers or Firmware for the DRI on Wheelbase V2 or V2.5? from 5to -5 is only one useful Thanks if u can answer
  • The dual clutch levers don't need to be supported by the game. All the "magic" happens inside the wheel, the game itself only sees a simple clutch signal....it doesn't know (and doesn't need to know) how that clutch signal was generated, and that there are two clutch levers involved.
  • The dual clutch levers don't need to be supported by the game. All the "magic" happens inside the wheel, the game itself only sees a simple clutch signal....it doesn't know (and doesn't need to know) how that clutch signal was generated, and that there are two clutch levers involved.
    Good to know, thanks Ulrich for explaining, because that was also one of my questions!
  • Here's my question for Thomas: will the dual clutch work even if you have your Clubsport pedals connected via USB (and not connected directly to the wheel)? I connect my V3 inverted using USB to get proper throttle and brake vibration in all PC games using Fanaleds.
  • Here's my question for Thomas: will the dual clutch work even if you have your Clubsport pedals connected via USB (and not connected directly to the wheel)? I connect my V3 inverted using USB to get proper throttle and brake vibration in all PC games using Fanaleds.
    Hey Brandon just curious what games are you having an issues with the break vibration not working? The only one I haven't played is Dirt, but mine work on all others without using Fanaleds.
  • Wish you would give us a date for this DD wheel, it's getting a little long in the tooth now!

Lee
  • It might be summer temperatures, but it ain't summer yet here, so they still have quite a lot of time to release the Podium Series.
  • Bonjour, jai pre commander la roue mc laren fin novembre (black friday), prévu pour fin avril... Mais je n'ai toujours pas reçu de mail avec une date précise.... Ca devient très long. Est ce que la livraison sera semaine prochaine ? Merci
  • Dear Fanatec guys,

Any kind of ballpark idea of when you will be able to ship non preorder wheels. Just asking in terms of a couple of months, six months, etc. I ask because if the potential wait is significant I will consider the CS Formula wheel instead.

Cheers chaps!

Antony...seriously, I'd just wait for the McLaren wheel. We know 2 things for certain: official license wheels are always cooler, and every new Fanatec product is better than the last. Proof you should wait! I remember when the rumors came of the BMW GT2 wheel, one of my all-time favorite designs ever...I waited almost a year before I could get mine, it was worth it, still my racing friend today!
  • Bonjour, jai pre commander la roue mc laren fin novembre (black friday), prévu pour fin avril... Mais je n'ai toujours pas reçu de mail avec une date précise.... Ca devient très long. Est ce que la livraison sera semaine prochaine ? Merci

La réponse est dans le fil de la discussion. Moi non plus je ne maîtrise pas l’anglais. Mais avec un programme de traduction c’est possible, même pour écrire. Ce n’est pas très commode, mais c’est une forme de respect que de respecter les règles de l’édroit Ou vous entrer.