Assetto Corsa Competizione (PC) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

1101112131416»

Comments

• Hello guys,

I have dd1 with v3 pedals and formula v2.5 wheel. Is it possible to set the brake pedal to rumble when abs is working? Also, to set the wheel to vibrate when the car understeer?

I tried to set it on fanalab but changes nothing on the game.

If not by using fanalab, by using simhub or something like that, is it possible?

• Hello everyone. I wanted to contribute to this community because I’ve recently got back into ACC and this forum post was a big help when reading through the changes and ideas from 1.8 to 1.9. Now we are up to 1.10.2 and it got me experimenting in new ways and trying to understand some of the goals of the sim racing community. I thought I would share my CSL DD settings and my thoughts and feelings about them, as well as tips based on my experiments as i went through testing in case you want to tweak the settings a certain way to suit your driving.

My testing ground took place at Monza, in the various cars from the 2018 season (since there was a lot of variety). I was just using the Aggressive Preset and adjusting tire pressures. I would also like to add that I would describe my driving style as smooth. I like to smoothly turn the steering wheel in and feel the buildup of the force feedback while trail braking if need be. I sometimes feel my hands are moving slowly but i start the process early compared to alien laps i see on YT.

***A note for people who may be new or otherwise unaware; These settings were made using the Fanatec Formula v2.5 Steering Wheel. This is a small sized wheel. For a larger sized wheel, these settings may feel lighter or less pronounced. You may wish to increase the in-game Gain setting a bit to compensate***

((( Fanatec Settings )))

PC Driver ver 455

Wheel Config - PC Mode “Red Light”

SEN - set to car steering setting or 1080 and match ACC

FFB - 100%

FFS - Peak

NDP - 7%

NFR - 5%

NIN - 5%

INT - 3

FEI - 100

FOR - 120%

SPR - 100

DPR - 100

((( ACC Settings ))) ver 1.10.2

Gain - 55%

Min Force - 0%

Damper - 25%

Dynamic Damping - 180%

Road Effects - 0

Frequency - 400Hz

Steering Lock - Match Fanatec setting

With these settings, I can feel a lot of things which were important to me and seem important to a lot of the sim racing community. It seems there might be something about increasing the Dynamic Damping and lowering the gain and other options to get the feel i was trying for. I wanted the setup to feel somewhat realistic and I wasn’t going for any Meta points.

1) Zero clipping on the FF monitor

2) Not grainy or noisy feeling around center

3) High Speed damping with no oscillation like a steering wheel should with tires rotating

4) Low/Medium Speed mechanical grip feel. Pulling out of the pit box, and low speed chicanes have light friction like what I perceive real cars with power steering feel like. I dont personally like the “no damper” approach to this problem.

I will continue testing but I like the feeling I was getting with these settings. You can really feel the difference between the cars with front or rear engine. You also can feel the difference between cars with short wheelbase vs long. Obviously, setup changes will affect the feeling of the car as well. And if you want to start with my settings and adjust a bit, I found working within the following parameters gave good adjustments while keeping the overall feel

Fanatec - FOR 100-120% & DPR 90-110%

ACC - Gain 50-60% & Dyn Damp 160-180%

I hope this helps anyone and if you want to give feedback or any input on what my settings feel like to you I’d be curious to hear and learn some more. Thanks and happy racing!

• Remco BosgoedRemco Bosgoed Member
    edited August 4

Hello Jason,

I am using your settings with my csl dd 12nm wheel with driver 457 and it feels pretty good. Thanks for that!!

Do you use it with fanalab and for each car in ACC ? So these settings youn use for every single car without any changes?

and is 55 % gain not to havy for you? i use 35% with my 12nm cs dd

• My setting for CSL DD 8nm

Sen 1080

Ffb 95%

Peak

Ndp 10

Nfr 8

Nin 5

Int 5

Fei 100

For 100

Spr OFF