Project CARS 2 (PC) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

2»

Comments

• Jean MarthJean Marth Member
    edited February 2020

Try buttons 4 + 9 to switch from PC to Comp 2.5 mode (where button 1 ist first button). This are the buttons for my old Porsche wheel but they are working also with the all my other wheels.

In PC 2 select Fanatec CSW 2.5, then assign the wheel axis after that calibrate. If the wheel axis does assign turn the wheel in one direction and back. On the way back it should register.

• I have no working display on the steering wheel display and no LED works either. Is that normal?

WB: DD1

Wheel: Formula V2 limited

• No it's not normal.

You have to use the DD1 in Compatibility Mode to get Leds and Display working with the pcars 2 native support.

Or you use FanaLab in PC mode.

• Here are my personal config for Project Cars 2, been tweaking it ever since i got it, and it finally feels right to me,

There it 2 small issues, that are easily overcome

1. every time i turn on the DD1 it has a little spring effect, switching mode from v2.5 to pc mode and back, fixes the issue.

2. every time i start Project Cars 2, i have to change sensitivity to auto it defaults back to 2180, every time the game starts.

Podium Wheel Base DD1 (V2.5 Mode)

Tuning Menu Settings:

FFB: 42

DRI: off

LIN: off

NDP: 62

NFR: off

NIN: off

INT: 1

FEI: 30

FOR: 100%

SPR: off

DPR: off

SHO: off

BRF: 60

Dynamic FFB off

In-Game Settings (Force Feedback Menu):

Flavour: Raw

Gain: 82

Volume: 65

Tone: 50

FX: 50

• the steering wheel is not recognized, it disconnects all the time.

• Daniel,

im experiencing the exact same issue as Matthew. How did you get it to calibrate correctly when using Custom Wheel?

• trying to use pc2, just downloaded a bit ago. The game will not recognize my wheel, shifter or pedals. When I go to "edit assignments" it shows a keyboard?

If I start the game the car weaves down the pit lane with a drunk robot driving it and a race engineer screaming. Once it hits the end of the pit lane to the track the cars just dies, no control at all. Trying custom service but they don't appear to understand what I am saying and I'm pretty clear as to what the problem is

Anybody else having these issues? I've tried to browse the game to see if there is some tabs that I am missing but can't figure it out.

thanks

mc

• Hi,

I've been using my CSL DD with the McLaren GT3 V2 wheel and also the Formula Carbon wheel for the game. Run without any problem actually. But want to clarify something with Dominic and Maurice about the CSL DD setting which stated that the wheelbase should be run in Compatibility Mode.

Note: select ClubSport V2 base before running steering calibration.

When I run my CSL DD in compatibility mode which is the yellow indicator on the power button. PC2 wont register the wheelbase in game so no input can be calibrate or use. But when I start the game and the CSL DD is in PC mode, the wheel is working. And before I forgot, on the controller options, I choose Wheel - Fanatec - CSW V2.5 (not CSW V2 as stated in this Post Discussion). I dont quite understand how to use the compatibility mode with the CSL DD when using it in PC mode just make the game run and the wheelbase and wheel is functioning as it should be.

Could you guys clarify and updated the setting for CSL DD in the post.

Thank you. Sorry for my English is not quite good.

• These are my settings. Almost identical to the recommended except for natural friction replacing natural damper.

CSL DD

(PC Mode) CSW V2.5 in game

Tuning Menu Settings:

SEN AUT

FF 100

FFS Peak

NDP OFF

NFR 40

NIN Off

INT Off

FEI 50

FOR 100

SPR 100*

DPR 100*

BLI User Preference

SHO 100

BRF User Preference

*SPR only affects the wheel centering in the menu. DPR values have no effect.

Note: select ClubSport V2 base before running steering calibration

Flavour: Raw or Informative

Gain: 100

Volume: 50

Tone: 50

FX: 50

• Why cant I assignt the sterring on my CLS DD with podium hub and podium button endurance. Turning the wheel just wont set the assignment :(

• Yea... just no to the recommended settings. IMO...

• edited December 2021

That are... VERY bad settings.... Maybe even the worst I have ever seen.

You should definitely not run NIN that high and you should never ever run a FEI of just 10. This gives you way too much lag and you lose pretty much every little FFB detail. Every FEI setting below 70 on a P DD is very bad and should not be used at all.

Wow....

• Robert SoRobert So Member
    edited December 2021

And what telemetry and would you be referencing to say FEI below 70 is too much lag? I understand that 'filtering' in general produces lag, but to just say it produces too much lag without actual measurements says nothing and is just hearsay.

with a FEI i can still feel the rumble strips when the tires drive over them... so.... what telemetry are you referencing??? and what makes you think the NIN that high is a bad thing?

are you correlating to the RAW FFB given from the game or you just looking at the percentage value of the NIN itself? just so you realize i have the NIN that high simply because there is something coded into the game itself that is forcing the wheel to be way to stiff... and it's not about the 'weight' felt or 'resistance' to steering ....

to me... your post is rather remedial.... and just childish... which is not too surprising from the sim racing crowd to be honest.

• Just to put sugar on top.... saying the NIN is high... without understanding we're dealing with supposed simulation of mechanical moving parts 'the car'

sort of lets me know you really don't know much of mechanics (not the people) the mechanisms in use. you should start with a bicycle and not a computer software simulating a vehicle.... get the bike to 'speed wobble' .... understand that 'speed wobble' is a function of mechanics....

a 'speed wobble' is an oscillation due to poor mechanical behavior...

grow up a little bit.... figure out that cars can have 'speed wobbles'

maybe then you'll realize why that NIN even exists

• It basically explains why the FFB in this game is clipping

• PC Driver 434

• Because of the La Ferrari, and how the wheel responded with the above FFB settings... It made me rethink what the gain and volume sliders in game might be doing....

Regardless... I was forced to redo my FFB settings which in turn made the other cars I was messing around with feel much better as well.

• Hi, to me there is no way to make CSL DD base work in PC2.

In PC mode the game doesn't recognize and see a F thing, no base, no wheel, no buttons no anything.

In Comp mode (CSW 2.5 or CSW 2, same results) the game sees the wheel, the buttons on the wheel, the paddel etc, but it still doesn's see any wheel movement, it doesn't see the left/right turning movement... that means that the game still is not seeing the base ad so it can't feel the turning. Obviously, and just because of that, it is not possible to assign the axes of the steering in the configuration page too: the game simply do not see the base so it doesn't feel any turning imput (from the base).

there'is a way to fix this, maybe via driver o steam options?

given this state of thing to me the game is complitely and litterally unplayable with the CSL DD...

(I use the 429 driver, I tryed the 443 driver too, same results)

• SAME thing happens to me with the CSL DD (drivers 429 & 443). The game simply doesn't see the DD base (and consequentially the turning imput) no matter what, either in PC mode tha in comp mode...

🤬🤬🤬

• the damned steam input (steam controller) was THE problem... ONCE AGAIN...

for those who have similar problem: just disable the damned steam input in the steam controller. Open steam, library, select the game, managment (the gear icon on the right), proprieties, controllers), then to reset your controller delete the file default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav: you can find it in your documents folder Documents\Project CARS 2\savegame\Some numbers will be here\project cars 2\profiles. open the game, go to the controllers config options, select personalized wheel and everything should work, now.

If not delete again the file default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav and set your DD in compatibility mode (yellow light), and in the controller option in the game select fanatec, CSW 2.5.

• hi everyone i'm back on project cars because a game with a better career mode doesn't exist in my opinion it's also not bad as a guide! I noticed one thing, however, that if I use mod pc (Red led) the force feedback is much lighter with the same d settings mod 2.5 (yellow led) no one has noticed it ?? do you have any advice or file to insert to improve the force feedback ?? thanks