CSL Elite Wheel Bases (and Racing Wheels) discussion

Comments

• Hi, I’m looking a getting the csl v1.1 for my Xbox is the clubsport formula 1 v2 steering wheel compatible? I know they are on back order st the moment. Thanks Dan
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Hi Dan, yes the ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 is compatible with the CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1.
  • Hi, I am thinking of buying CSL Elite wheel for PS4 (PC) to replace my T150 and as I still own PS3 console I would like to know if this wheel will work with PS3 as well. Thanks for answer. Antonin
    Hi, I am thinking of buying CSL Elite wheel for PS4 (PC) to replace my T150 and as I still own PS3 console I would like to know if this wheel will work with PS3 as well. Thanks for answer. Antonin
    Hi Antonin, the CSL Elite PS4 products do not work on PS3.
  • Hi, I am thinking of buying CSL Elite wheel for PS4 (PC) to replace my T150 and as I still own PS3 console I would like to know if this wheel will work with PS3 as well. Thanks for answer. Antonin

waht ever you do dont buy, i have had two wheelbases break within hours of use

• I'm on my second CSL elite ps4. first one died after 4 hours, and now the secong one is dying.

i have tryed flashing firmware, and tryed differnt versions of firmware, anf its still fucked.
    the leds randomly stay on, and the wheel base leds dont work anymore. 
    The force feedback only work in certain games, not iracing anymore.
    fanalab can only randomly detect the wheel and base that i have.

all these things happened after less than 15 hours of total use. 
    the quality seems like its from pounland its that bad

I will be replacing with a OSW if this doesnt get fixed within this week, after the first wheelbase broke i felt like i had been cheated by youtubers that get superior quality products for free, and me paying houndreds of euros get 2 LOW, low, low, looow quality wheelbases in a row.
    I would NEVER recommend buying into this line of super low quality products, Fanatec needs to fix thier ****, because for the money that the customers pay the quality of products that i have received if embarrassingly bad. 

waht ever you do dont buy, i have had two wheelbases break within hours of use

• Hey man do not buy mine lasted 20 hours before the motor blew and they want 150.00 to fix it. So would stick with something else that is better quality. There are many people that had the same problem but Fanatec refuses to believe that they sold less than quality product for 500.00 buck it is crazy
  • Hi my wheelbase CSL ELITE FOR PS4 is not turning on. When I press the power button continuously the fan will work however there is no power on the base itself.please help..ty..
    Please contact our support team.

• Mine died to after 20 hours just flashing red lights and Fanatec want 150.00 to fix it so maybe it last another 20 hours, no
  • Yah don't buy the CSL PS4 wheel it is of poor quality died after 20 hours of use
  • Yah don't buy the CSL PS4 wheel it is of poor quality died after 20 hours of use
  • Hi my wheelbase CSL ELITE FOR PS4 is not turning on. When I press the power button continuously the fan will work however there is no power on the base itself.please help..ty..

• It is a common problem mine lasted about 20 hours and they want to charge 150.00 to replace it with used parts by the way.
  • I'll be selling the PS4 Steering Wheel F1 for 400€ if anyone is interested, link below.
    Works with CSL, CSW and Podium wheel bases.

https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/1023/limited-edition-steering-wheel-f1-with-advanced-paddle-module-400-shipped-eu-uk#latest
  • Too bad a couple of malcontents are spamming this forum. Have had mine for over 6 months and everything works just fine.
  • Had mine for 2 years and everything still works peachy. Just want to upgrade to a Podium for PS4.
  • Is the CSL Elite official GT Sport wheel now?

• Toby FrameToby Frame Member
    edited November 2019

Hey guys,

Im about to buy the csl elite wheel base v1.1 and the csl elite pedals with the load cell.

I am also looking for a wheel stand for the wheel/pedals. My only problem is I cant find anything other stands like this https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/next-level-racing-wheel-stand

I am fairly restricted in space, so I was hoping to find one like this https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/next-level-racing-wheel-stand-lite

but everything I have found in the type I want doesnt have a matching hole template for the base.

Does anyone know of any? I am also based in living in Australia if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

• Check out the "Sim racing Garage" He's the go-2 guy for anything related to sim racing gear. He did a video on a Wheel Stand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XOT94FFJGA

• Cristèle ABACristèle ABA Member
    edited November 2019

1/ is CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1 for PC/Xbox compatible with clubsport F1 PC / PS4 and those pedals ? No issue/conflict possible or don't know ?

2/ is CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1 compatible with wheel stand pro GT2 ? https://www.wheelstandpro.com/products/wheel-stand-pro/for-porsche-gt2-csr-csp-deluxe-v2

3/ if bought separately as above, are all wires, acdc and everything included ?

Thanks

• Dear Fanatec-Team,

Are there any differences between the csl elite wheel base (official licensed ps4) and the csl elite wheel base v1.1 other than the look and the compatibility? (Im on PC anyway)

I cant decide which one to chose since the technical specifications are exactly the same, just the price is different.

• hi there geting my csl elite wheel and base and v3 pedals just wander what size bolt i need to hard mout to my gt omega wheel stand it pre drill for all fanatec wheel base thanks

Hi Cristèle, the products you've selected there all work together, but only on PC. If you want Xbox compatibility you need to select a different steering wheel, and if you want PS4 compatibility you need to select a different wheel base.

Please check with the Wheel Stand Pro manufacturer for compatibility details.

Yes, all cables are supplied with our products for them to work correctly together.

Hi Julian, the V1.1 and PS4 CSL Elite bases are essentially the same. They have the same motor and motor driver, so they have the same FFB performance. The main difference is the PS4 compatibility. Due to the USB handling of the V1.1, the FanaLab software behaves a bit differently as it can't access the Tuning Menu, but FanaLab's other features are supported.

Hi James, many GT Omega products are pre-drilled for Fanatec hardware, but if not you can use our drilling templates that can be found under 'Downloads' in the product pages. The CSL Elite base takes M6 bolts and the V3 pedals takes M8 bolts. The length of bolts you require depends on the surface you are hard mounting to (please check with the wheel stand manufacturer).

• Hi, I recently bought the CSL Elite PS4 kit in the sales and it is a great piece of gear. After many years of Logi wheels it feels like a true upgrade in feel and quality. I, however, have one annoying issue with the wheel: it is a constant 5-8 degrees off centre. It registers zero accurately but wont hold the straight ahead position, always falls a little to the right - about 4-8 on the setup menu screen. Now, people have said in these forums that that is normal and not to worry. However, in game that small rightward off centre translates to steering a bit to the right, which you need to subtly correct. I've tried new and older firmware but the issue persists. Anyone else with a CSL having this issue?

• I have the same problem. is there a solution? and now after 3 weeks of use, the steering wheel stops upside down during the self-test and the red led flashes. if I read the posts here and watch YouTube, I fear nothing good for the future. Firmware update not possible because supposedly a newer one is on it

• There is a two button calibration that will re-set the center. It's different on every wheel rim. on my F1 it's pushing down both funky switches. I forget the P1 rim setting, but it's in the "quickstart guide" that came with your wheel.

• Yes I know about the re center procedure, that is not the issue. As I said, the wheel is calibrated correctly and zero is where it should be, it is just that the wheel falls off to the right and won't stay centered. It is always 4-8 degrees off of centre in game and when turned off. The shaft itself is off. This is a brand new wheel. I will see if it self corrects after some use, or it's going back after Xmas.

Andreas, you need to uninstall the Fanatec drivers to roll back to another firmware that is older.

• Paul BurfordPaul Burford Member
    edited December 2019

Hi,

I have recently purchased a CSL Elite Wheel Base (PS4) with the P1 Wheel and Club Sport V3 Pedals, I use it mostly to play GT Sport on a PS4. Everything was working brilliantly until a couple of days ago I noticed that gear shifts made using the paddles on the wheel were not always occurring . Obviously this is a real problem when racing. I restarted the PS4 and the wheel base but the problem was not fixed. I re-flashed the wheelbase firmware etc. but the problem has not gone away. Any suggestions for how to fix?

• For anyone who has the above problem the solution is quite simple, the screw keeping the wheel clamped to the wheel base had become a little loose and the wheel was occasionally losing full contact with the base, this caused the signal from the gear shift paddles to fail. Re-seating the wheel and tightening the restraining bolt solved the problem