UPS lost my order and Fanatec's customer service doesn't do anything

2»

Comments

• This is great news! I hope this quiets people with dissenting and unhelpful opinions.

I'm really glad that it looks like things are beinging to turn around for you and that Fanatec is showing that that they listen, they care, and that they're accountable to sorting things out. It can be stressful and really unnerving when something like that happens...you just feel hopeless and it's compounded when the shipper doesn't act quick. I don't think it's too much to ask a company like Fanatec that charges as much as they do to put customers first and demonstrate that with quick service.

• Frank CroceFrank Croce Member
    edited December 2019

Cool glad they did the right thing and the smart thing. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

• Keith IwanabeKeith Iwanabe Member
    edited December 2019

• Do you want to know something funny? UPS sent me an email and they told me they have found the other package. Just to let you know, I'm italian and the package travelled to Milan. Then it was lost. How the hell did it go back to Munich in Germany is beyond me. I'll let you guys know when I receive the package, the full end of the story. It might be an helpful base for the future.

• This thing will never come to an end. Now UPS is saying that the package was delivered to me 2000 km away from me and that it was left in a receiving office in Germany and now the all procedure is stopped again. They are all really braking my balls.

• Another UPDATE. So the package, according to UPS was delivered back to Fanatec, as a new tracking number was created. Perhaps they've lost the shipping informations on the package and they have sent the package back to the sender. At this point everything should be clear. Fanatec has everything they need. Delivery should never be stopped again. Should...

• Delivered! The wheel is fine and works as it should. Now, my final conclusions about this story are the following: 1) The fault for what happened was caused by UPS 2) Most of the total delay was once again created by UPS that took all the working days they are accorded to use before they could give an answer. What shocked me was that at the end of the day the package was not lost or stolen but it was UPS it self that sent the package back to the sender; since the courier was aware of the procedure, I honestly do not understand how they didn't double check with Fanatec so that they could understand whose the order was, in order to keep going with the delivery or at least to report that there was an issue with one of Fanatec's orders. They would have understood what happened much earlier. 3) The customer needs to realize that Fanatec, at least with the UPS procedure, is still responsible for the package; since the payment is in advance, the fulfillment of the obligation requires that the package gets delivered to the customer in the specified terms, no matter what happens down the road; of course there must be reasonable times to wait, but once you agree a certain dead line, I'm afraid that the sender needs to oblige with an immediate solution. To me a reasonable time was to wait for 10 days since the moment it was clear that the package was not going to be delivered according to schedule, which by the way already had a couple of days of further delay. 4) At the end of the day the I could testify that the sales team needs to be enforced; I'm not specifically complaining about the member that treated my case but emails and calls need to be answered. They need more personnel.

RECAP:

3rd of December: I made my order (Tuesday)

6th of December: supposed date of delivery, according to site (Friday). Also last day of registration of UPS' tracking

9th of December: updated date of delivery due to Black Friday's delays (Monday)

10th of December: final date of delivery, thanks to UPS delays (Tuesday)

11th of December: start of the investigation, since the package was not delivered ( Wednesday)

18th of December: day of conclusion of the investigation, guaranteed by UPS to Fanatec (Wednesday)

20th of December: last deadline I agree to wait for, since the previous one was not respected by UPS, and by Fanatec as consequence (Friday)

23rd of December: Fanatec decides to send me another wheel, independently by UPS answer (Monday)

23rd of December: later in the evening UPS comes with the conclusion that the package was delivered back to the sender, due to an issue with the etiquette with my address

27th of December: my package gets finally delivered with the additional Express service, after Christmas days. Delivery date is schedule for the 31st of December. (Thursday)

31st of December: the wheel gets finally delivered.

• Happy to hear you finally got your stuff. What an ordeal though.