Introducing the new Clubsport Pedals V3 - UPDATE

Comments

• The same one we posted on the 3rd page Joseph ;)

It's a RSeat type RS1
    True that is my young padawan. You got the Assetto Corsa Edition. Gonna look into the cost of having one of those shipped to Canada.
    No Joseph, mine is normal, not AC edition.  Just Black Black :) I buy it a one year ago.

The AC edition isto to expensive de diferences is just de color, but with this V3 black/red, hum... :)
  • CSP v2 = 8bit 256 connected to the wheel.
    1024 Connected to PC by usb

CSP v3 = 12bit 1024 Connected to wheel
    1024 Connected to pc by usb
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Does anyone know the screw size for mounting the base with plate? I just realized the base didn't come with the screws : /
  • looks like M6x10... page 9 of the V2 manual

looks like M6x10... page 9 of the V2 manual

They are too short for mounting on my base. guess I'll have to look for longer ones at the hardware store tomorrow. :( no gaming tonight.

• I update for 1.8 firmware and in pcars works fine like Grimey i put 6% deadzone in throtle and brake.
    The motor in throtle is very strong and noticable especialy in rain.

The brake motor, is weak but I have to test and tune the ABS option in rim.

Clutch work like V2 for me.

I notice just in hard brake and the brake in position 3 the load cell in telemetry in pcars has some variation.

Overall, this piece engineering rock´s!!!
    Nice.  Been thinking of the V3 upgrade too - but have shied a bit from early reports.  Love the rig, the new pedals with the red accents should blend well with my rig upgrade - went with the RS1 AC edition.  On sale!  Can't wait for it to get here.  Thanks for the pics makes me happy. 
  • The same one we posted on the 3rd page Joseph ;)

It's a RSeat type RS1
    True that is my young padawan. You got the Assetto Corsa Edition. Gonna look into the cost of having one of those shipped to Canada.
    No Joseph, mine is normal, not AC edition.  Just Black Black :) I buy it a one year ago.

The AC edition isto to expensive de diferences is just de color, but with this V3 black/red, hum... :)
    ...not anymore.  Actually cheaper.  Unless you don't want the keyboard/mouse extender.  Saves you about $40 USD comparing the same upgrades. 
  • I'll take a look at it tonight after work. But in PCars I also noticed a difference in clutch feel.....I can't control releasing the clutch as good as I could with the V2s...it feels more like off and on, then 'slip' to me too. But I thought it was just a matter of getting used to m.

yea, I've compared it directly to my V2 and to be honest..... It's a step backward as it doesn't engage the "slip" effect?

Both of my dampers are "clicking" too and making it impossible to smoothly activate the brake and accl...

The brake pedal feels "gritty" above the default "1" setting too?

I was disappointed as my delivery arrived and my Handbrake appears to only work now and again, my buttons on my wheel rims were broken, my V2 Accl pedal is now not registering correctly, the V3s brake is gritty, clutch doesn't engage the "slip" and dampers are clicking?

Has anyone tried the stronger springs yet (out of curiosity) :)
    My both damper kits are on their way to Fanatec, both were clicking and one started leaking
    Brake pedal with highest preload does feel "gritty" as you say. Wondering if PU foam needs extra lube. What is the best grease to use there?
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited August 2015
    Natalie,  when you installed the damper kits did you back off the piston until the pedal moved slightly and then countered that by a 180* turn? Just checking since that's the only thing I can think of that would cause the damper to apply brake force. I have one installed on the throttle and have not had that problem. It does seem to have a slight "dead zone" < for lack of a better term] feathering the throttle. By that, I mean, when you lift of throttle slightly, the damper will slip a bit when re-applying throttle . It occurs at any point in the throttle application and seems un-affected by the damper setting.  That my however, may be by design to accommodate heel/toe sifting.      Nice to see you back by the way.. 
    Hey :)
    Yea I adjusted the damper, but did it again just for good measure. Still my brake gets input when the dial is up passed 3 or 4 :-/
    @ Natalie and Antoine, I checked a theory I had on the damper affecting the throttle and brake input..... if you loosen the two screws on top of the damper mount and turn the piston counter clockwise , it will engage the pedal .... if you the turn the piston clockwise, it will move the pedal to neutral. This can all be done with the pedals connected to you PC via the fanatic controller window and this will show you "exactly" when the pedals reach the neutral position..  see the instructions on page 20 on the V3 manual  Joe   ps. I will post this in the general forum in case others may have the same issue... hope this solves the issue .
    Brake is still a little iffy, I'll keep testing...
    I'll take a look at it tonight after work. But in PCars I also noticed a difference in clutch feel.....I can't control releasing the clutch as good as I could with the V2s...it feels more like off and on, then 'slip' to me too. But I thought it was just a matter of getting used to m.

yea, I've compared it directly to my V2 and to be honest..... It's a step backward as it doesn't engage the "slip" effect?

Both of my dampers are "clicking" too and making it impossible to smoothly activate the brake and accl...

The brake pedal feels "gritty" above the default "1" setting too?

I was disappointed as my delivery arrived and my Handbrake appears to only work now and again, my buttons on my wheel rims were broken, my V2 Accl pedal is now not registering correctly, the V3s brake is gritty, clutch doesn't engage the "slip" and dampers are clicking?

Has anyone tried the stronger springs yet (out of curiosity) :)
    My both damper kits are on their way to Fanatec, both were clicking and one started leaking
    Brake pedal with highest preload does feel "gritty" as you say. Wondering if PU foam needs extra lube. What is the best grease to use there?

Interesting. Mine aren't leaking (yet) but there is a "click" and a "snap" when I turn them above 3 or 4 as well? Makes braking inconsistent as it smooth initially, then a big "click" and loss of damper effect and a momentary jump/step until the damper takes effect again.

I'm hoping there not faulty too :-/

I spoke to fanatic regarding my HB functioning intermittently and they said the HB is not currently compatible with the V3?

CSW Firmware 110 and CSP firmware 112 should have compatibility for testing at least, so I'm not entirely sure that the response was accurate?

@Antoine Yea the broken buttons is not too great when your trying to navigate the Xbox :D
    I had to remove LB/B/A etc as they were cracked/broken and also moved the "pod" so now it's upside down on my wheel, and I keep forgetting which button is which :D

I don't think they sell spares but I contacted support regarding the issue. My boxes were in a terrible state when they arrived. My CSPV3 box ;the actual box not the outer packaging) was ripped/torn and had holes in it? The ACCL pedal also sits slightly off angle? Bent to the right and doesn't sit flush with the foot rest which looks a tad strange?

I'm now looking to buy the BMW Wheel and the static shifter paddles hopefully they will be ok :D
  • edited August 2015
    after you put the pedals through their break in phase you should be able to remove the dead zone you need to put in the Brake pedal ... after propper break in the Random Brake on/off seems to go away... i havent noticed it happen in 2 days...maybe 1 time in 12hrs pedal use..
  • Mark BLAYNEYMark BLAYNEY Member
    edited August 2015
    CSP v2 = 8bit 256 connected to the wheel.

Actually you are half correct. 10bit expressed mathematically is 2^10 (2 to the power of 10) = 1024  Therefore 12bit is 2^12 = 4096.  Thus the CSP v3 being 12bit resolution = 4096 discreet levels or increments. So the gas & clutch are 4 x resolution of v1&2 which is a healthy stepup !

Just thought this info was worthwhile to correct :)>-

ps. Regarding the Brake pedal feeling either stiff and/or slowing/stopping part way - possible reason will be the PU Foam used as a damper for the load cell being dry or stiff. A short spray of white lithium or synthetic grease will do the job, most auto parts stores will stock it. I would add that dry lube is not recommended even though it is what Fanatec used to use during assembly, it has been know to make the PU foam expand & stick which is not desireable.
  • edited August 2015
    WOWZERS....LOL...i stand corrected.... LOL... I wonder do they actualy support that high of resolution PC or Console? that would be Great if they do. Thomas we Need a answer... what is the actual total Resolution?
  • Sure the resolution is supported by the architecture of the cpu and both consoles have 64bit cpu, same as modern pc's. 12 bit piece of cake!
  • edited August 2015
    hi,
    sorry a little off topic,
    but does anybody know when the csr elite padels will be available in europe/germany again?
    i already tried facebook message and email but no one knows.
    Does anyone please know when the CSR Elite Pedals will again be available for order to Germany?
    Many thanks !!!
    Vlad

FYI because nobody else anwsered you:
    "Hello Paul,

thank you for your message.

Unforunately CSR E P will be not available anymore in our online store.
    Thank you for understanding.

Best regards / Freundliche Grüße

(Fanatec Sales Team)"
  • CSP v2 = 8bit 256 connected to the wheel.

Actually you are half correct. 10bit expressed mathematically is 2^10 (2 to the power of 10) = 1024  Therefore 12bit is 2^12 = 4096.  Thus the CSP v3 being 12bit resolution = 4096 discreet levels or increments. So the gas & clutch are 4 x resolution of v1&2 which is a healthy stepup !

Just thought this info was worthwhile to correct :)>-

ps. Regarding the Brake pedal feeling either stiff and/or slowing/stopping part way - possible reason will be the PU Foam used as a damper for the load cell being dry or stiff. A short spray of white lithium or synthetic grease will do the job, most auto parts stores will stock it. I would add that dry lube is not recommended even though it is what Fanatec used to use during assembly, it has been know to make the PU foam expand & stick which is not desireable.
    Ok Thanks!!
  • Interesting. Mine aren't leaking (yet) but there is a "click" and a "snap" when I turn them above 3 or 4 as well? Makes braking inconsistent as it smooth initially, then a big "click" and loss of damper effect and a momentary jump/step until the damper takes effect again.

I'm hoping there not faulty too :-/  
    One of my dampers was too bad in that regard, I even moved it from brakes to accelerator, and this is the one that started leaking in a day or two. The other one got better after break in, still a little "clicky" in the middle of travel at times, so I RMAed both.
    My first Fanatec product. Makes me wonder if I made the right choice. Do Fanatec accept returns?
  • edited August 2015
    The user manual calls for lithium grease on metal part and "technical vaseline" on PU foam. Any reason not to follow Fanatec recommendations?

The only problem that in US brand Vaseline only used for beauty products, have no idea under which name it is sold for technical purposes. 
    Any pointers?
  • edited August 2015
    @Natalie..with the first 2 that broke, I contacted support and received new ones after only 2 days....also by UPS delivery in stead of just post delivery !! ^:)^

And the package boxes of my V3 and SQ V1.5 were both damaged on one corner...little crushed, but no consequences for the goods...lucky me!!!

Next time the boxes are damaged THAT MUCH...just don't accept them Natalie, no matter how long you've waited!!!
  • ps. Regarding the Brake pedal feeling either stiff and/or slowing/stopping part way - possible reason will be the PU Foam used as a damper for the load cell being dry or stiff. A short spray of white lithium or synthetic grease will do the job, most auto parts stores will stock it. I would add that dry lube is not recommended even though it is what Fanatec used to use during assembly, it has been know to make the PU foam expand & stick which is not desireable.
    The user manual calls for lithium grease on metal part and "technical vaseline" on PU foam. Any reason not to follow Fanatec recommendations?

The only problem that in US brand Vaseline only used for beauty products, have no idea under which name it is sold for technical purposes. 
    Any pointers?
    I think this guy should do the job.
    Vaseline 100% pure petroleum jelly, no fragrances 
  • I think it's time to read the manual on the pedals...LOL
  • I'm trying to figure out where the PU foam is.... the instruction are a bit unclear and I'm a bit technically challenged .... so I ask the stupid question for all those in the same canoe.... where is it, and how exactly do you lubricate it ..... Grimey?
  • PU foam is inside the brake pedal cylinder, there are two foam pieces between metal rod and load cell. I took them apart following procedure for V1 pedals, not sure if there is a better way. 
    One poster here replaced one PU foam out of two with metal rod from CSP v2 tuning kit, to decrease travel.

• @ Andrew  ... thank you

Does Project Cars actually take advantage of the vibration motors on the CSP v3? They don't seem to spin up at all. Testing in Driver app works fine.
  • edited August 2015
    I've made a short review of my new V3 pedals. Sorry because it's in german language only. Maybe i'll translate it later.
    You can find it here -> click
    This is the review on PU foam replacement with metal rod (link) I mentioned before.

Frank, how did you get to the foam sticks?

• This post addresses disassemble to access PU foam.
    Unfortunately to see pictures you need to register there, wondering if Frank will be kind enough to repost them here.

• Does Project Cars actually take advantage of the vibration motors on the CSP v3? They don't seem to spin up at all. Testing in Driver app works fine.
    The ABS rumble only works, apparently according to Gong on PCars forum, when ABS assist is on and you don't use in car view. When you've got, for example, hood view and his with Speedo metre, the ABS rumble kicks in as soon as the ABS lights up.
    The throttle rumble only works if the wheels start to spin...I always drive with assists off and helmet view...so did feel throttle rumble but never ABS.
    Does Project Cars actually take advantage of the vibration motors on the CSP v3? They don't seem to spin up at all. Testing in Driver app works fine.
    The ABS rumble only works, apparently according to Gong on PCars forum, when ABS assist is on and you don't use in car view. When you've got, for example, hood view and his with Speedo metre, the ABS rumble kicks in as soon as the ABS lights up.
    The throttle rumble only works if the wheels start to spin...I always drive with assists off and helmet view...so did feel throttle rumble but never ABS.

Interesting. Maybe Forza6 will make better use of these new features otherwise they might be useless add ons to the V3.
  • The Throttle Rumble is Great!!! the ABS is only like that with PCars with GT6 it works as it always has worked.
    edited August 2015
    Are you telling I need to go buy a PS4 now. Lol