Introducing the new Clubsport Pedals V3 - UPDATE

Comments

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    I'll take a look at it tonight after work. But in PCars I also noticed a difference in clutch feel.....I can't control releasing the clutch as good as I could with the V2s...it feels more like off and on, then 'slip' to me too. But I thought it was just a matter of getting used to m.

yea, I've compared it directly to my V2 and to be honest..... It's a step backward as it doesn't engage the "slip" effect?

Both of my dampers are "clicking" too and making it impossible to smoothly activate the brake and accl...

The brake pedal feels "gritty" above the default "1" setting too?

I was disappointed as my delivery arrived and my Handbrake appears to only work now and again, my buttons on my wheel rims were broken, my V2 Accl pedal is now not registering correctly, the V3s brake is gritty, clutch doesn't engage the "slip" and dampers are clicking?

Has anyone tried the stronger springs yet (out of curiosity) :)
    Another interesting point?

If you add pre load to the brake by turning the dial to 3.5 and above the brake is constantly "on" (applied) by about 1/5th in the driver and game?

The more I turn the dial, the more the brake is applied by default.

For example:
    Turn dial to 4 / 5 start wheel, start driver and immediately the pedal shows 40% pressure applied to the brake? And it's impossible to remove it unless you put the pressure back to 1?

This can't be right?
    Can anyone else test this?
  • edited August 2015
    With me that started already with default settings...brake AND gas pedal about 5% on.
    And I know Grimey had same issue with brake pedal, cause when going in PCars control settings the pages kept changing likel pressing the gas or brake pedal. That's how I found out too!!!

I recalibrated minimum settings and use dead zone at 6 for gas and brake in PCars.
    I'm a tad disappointed with that :(

I also noticed in the driver page that my brake and accl both reach 100% before my foot does, I even tried manual calibration and could not remove the extra throw?

7 items delivered yesterday 1 has an intermittent fault (my handbrake only registers now and again)
    2 had broken buttons (with hubs/wheels)
    The dampers are clicking and snapping)
    The V3 wheels have inconstant brake:accl and a clutch with no "slip"

And to top it all off... My Accl on my V2 started playing up :D

What a day... Did you update your firmware for your Pedals?

• My V3 pedals and 2x damper kits turned up yesterday at work (UK) after just getting back from holiday. I'm still re-building the old Gameracer Pro (Tillet kart seat) rig from the old days (Gran Turismo and LogiTec GT wheel), so can't offer any opinions apart from they look the business!

Hopefully they will work as good as they look and with the new PS4 update sorted at the weekend, I'll be able to properly start my PCars career!

Thanks to all on here and the PCars forum, especially Grimey who I have been copying down and printing all his settings and to Antoine (Hi there A) for all his help via PMs.

Hopefully get these new pedals fixed up this weekend (before the next holiday!) Then try to work out using a PC to check the gear (Mac based/graphics you see!)

Damian
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Has anyone noticed that the V3 clutch does not have the same travel as the V2? It doesn't seem to engage the slip?

For example, on the clit h there is a rubber black block.
    This block is supposed to touch the metal bar above it (and does on the V2) but doesn't on the V3.

This means the pedal isn't actually feel as clutch like as the v2 due to the lack of "slip"

Anyone else experience anything different? Does your clutch block touch the metal bar above it when fully depressed?

I will check it out today Nat and let you know. Sorry to hear you had all those issues. Were these from testing units or your actual purchases?

P.s I think you meant clutch above
    edited August 2015
    LMAO :P

I'll leave that error up for everyone to enjoy :D

These were all purchases totalling ver €1200. To have faulty, damaged or hardware otherwise not behaving as expected is always a disappointment, but this is tough as as my V2 Base went back on arrival due to a motor fault, my V2 pedals clutch sensor has already been replaced and it's all happening again with my new arrivals :-/

I love my fanatic equipment, it's great, also when my hardware comes back from Johannes it is perfect. He is very good and returns your devices in perfect condition, his work is of the highest standard and I've never had a fault he fixed, return. Other faults arise, but never one he has already resolved. I think it's either the transit, or the factory but I'm sad today :(

Thanks for checking and looking forward to the results. I'll post a video if you need (of the clutch not the spelling mistake I made above) ;) :D :P
    LMAO :P

I'll leave that error up for everyone to enjoy :D

These were all purchases totalling ver €1200. To have faulty, damaged or hardware otherwise not behaving as expected is always a disappointment, but this is tough as as my V2 Base went back on arrival due to a motor fault, my V2 pedals clutch sensor has already been replaced and it's all happening again with my new arrivals :-/

I love my fanatic equipment, it's great, also when my hardware comes back from Johannes it is perfect. He is very good and returns your devices in perfect condition, his work is of the highest standard and I've never had a fault he fixed, return. Other faults arise, but never one he has already resolved. I think it's either the transit, or the factory but I'm sad today :(

Thanks for checking and looking forward to the results. I'll post a video if you need (of the clutch not the spelling mistake I made above) ;) :D :P

A little humour is always good ☺️ Johannes is amazing at taking care of our treasures. It just leaves you feeling gutted when those things happen because you know you have to setup an RMA and begin the wait.
  • edited August 2015
    My only Frustration with the v3 pedals was that ALL the Pretty Red Screws are Made of Aluminum... Not too Strong and easy to Strip... Ive Changed all the Screws to nice Shiney Stainless Steel :D ... Im Not to Crazy about Red any way... Other than that ive been puting my pedals through the paces and they are working Great.... I suggest Twisting the Brake Screw all the way out then back in a few times to Propperly seat the foam and other internal parts in place against the load cell.

The BrF feature when you turn it up Reduces Brake Force multiplication and you need to press harder with your foot to get to 100% Braking.... My Brakes did not jump at all yesterday i think things are settling into place.... But if your brakes jump around turn up the BrF to deaden your brake sensitivity a bit untill everything is proprly seated.... The V3 pedals are a huge leap Forward from the V1 pedals imo.

My only Frustration with the v3 pedals was yhat ALL the Prtty Red Screws are Made of Aluminum... Not too Strong and easy to Strip... Ive Changed all the Screws to nice Shiney Stainless Steel :D ... Im Not to Crazy about Red any way... Other than that ive been puting my pedals through the paces and yhey are working Great.... I suggest Twisting the Brake Screw all the way out then back in a few times to Propperly seat the foam and other internal parts in place against the load cell.

The BrF feature when you turn it up Reduces Brake Force multiplication and you need to press harder with your foot to get to 100% Braking.... My Brakes did not jump at all yesterday i timk things are settling into place.... But if your brakes jump around urn up the BrF to deaden your brake sensitivity a bit untill everything is proprly seated.... The V3 pedals are a huge leap Forward from the V1 pedals imo.

Are you using the DPad Pedals or Plates?
  • Natalie,  when you installed the damper kits did you back off the piston until the pedal moved slightly and then countered that by a 180* turn? Just checking since that's the only thing I can think of that would cause the damper to apply brake force. I have one installed on the throttle and have not had that problem. It does seem to have a slight "dead zone" < for lack of a better term] feathering the throttle. By that, I mean, when you lift of throttle slightly, the damper will slip a bit when re-applying throttle . It occurs at any point in the throttle application and seems un-affected by the damper setting.  That my however, may be by design to accommodate heel/toe sifting.      Nice to see you back by the way.. 
  • edited August 2015
    im using the Plates... I even put my Grimey Dog Big Foot Clutch Mod on... LOL...

I may use the D pads but it seems that i would have to Modify my seting position to use them... Due to the angle seems my legs would need to be stretched out in front of me more like Driving F1 instead of GT driving position.

i Find that the Brake on the V3 pedals is Very Precise and easy to Stab Brake without locking the wheels up. i have taken 1+ Full sec off some of my best times easily.... I was Running Laguna Seca with the v1 pedals and the Ruff RS8 Gt3 and i was getting 1:26 8xx ..... using the V3 pedals i Now get 1:24. 5xx and can Run Low 1:25.xxx Consistantly!!! all V2 Pcars wheel tweek and Stock untuned Car suspention...Not even Aero added!!!
  • Natalie, I installed the stronger spring on the throttle along with a damper.... couple that with the new D plates.. warning do not try this with socks only!!  I went back to the lighter spring and aluminum plates for comfort .... I would say if you are wearing shoes the stronger spring would be better and the D pads are better for heel/toe shifting.
    im using the Plates... I even put my Grimey Dog Big Foot Clutch Mod on... LOL...

I may use the D pads but it seems that i would have to Modify my seting position to use them... Due to the angle seems my legs would need to be stretched out in front of me more like Driving F1 instead of GT driving position.

i Find that the Brake on the V3 pedals is Very Precise and easy to Stab Brake without locking the wheels up. i have taken 1+ Full sec off some of my best times easily.... I was Running Laguna Seca with the v1 pedals and the Ruff RS8 Gt3 and i was getting 1:26 8xx ..... using the V3 pedals i Now get 1:24. 5xx and can Run Low 1:25.xxx Consistantly!!! all V2 Pcars wheel tweek and Stock untuned Car suspention...Not even Aero added!!!
    My My what big feet you have LOL. Pretty cool mod.
  • edited August 2015

My My what big feet you have LOL. Pretty cool mod.

LOL... That way i dont have to squeez both feet on the pedal plate to use the Clutch...and like in a Real Car my pedals are Off centered to the Right a tad bit but because of the Big Foot Clutch extention i can still use the Clutch easily.

Look down at your pedals in your car they are Not Centered the Gas pedal is to the Right corner of the Steering wheel... if i didnt extend the Cluctch i would have to set the pedals center of the wheel to be able to use the clutch comfortably.... Thats 1 of the benefits of building a custom Racing set up you get to put everything as close to real as you want it to be... My set up fits and feels like im in my 350z...Very Cozy and Comfy... lol
  • edited August 2015
    Natalie, something just crossed my mind...I DID feel a little more 'slip' feel when I calibrated the pedals in PCars. Tried that yet ? Cause I know you raced/drove with ALL settings at default ?

Ps. I don't think you can prevent the button caps splitting/braking...two of them were split at delivery...now because of using m I've got 5 more needing be replaced!!
    I'd rather have them branded and printed on the hub buttons...cause I memorize the ps4 layout by button caps
  • Glad I could help you out Damian!!
  • joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited August 2015
    @ Natalie and Antoine, I checked a theory I had on the damper affecting the throttle and brake input..... if you loosen the two screws on top of the damper mount and turn the piston counter clockwise , it will engage the pedal .... if you the turn the piston clockwise, it will move the pedal to neutral. This can all be done with the pedals connected to you PC via the fanatic controller window and this will show you "exactly" when the pedals reach the neutral position..  see the instructions on page 20 on the V3 manual  Joe   ps. I will post this in the general forum in case others may have the same issue... hope this solves the issue .
  • edited August 2015
    I don't have the dampers yet...so it's not all damper related.
    But thnx for the heads up...others can test it
  • I can Clearly Feel the throttle Slip Vibration when it Kicks in.... it only Kicks in when your Power Sliding in a Corner... you can make it kick in by going on the Grass or Dirt and jamming the Throttle...but it seems to kick in More when im power sliding and the car is trying to spin or go side ways on me.... Maybe i feel it more then because im feathering the throttle with a light touch so i feel it more than when im pressing the throttle hard... I dunno but i can feel it.... the ABS Rumble i only feel kick in once in a while.... im gonna weigh the Heads on the ABS Motors v1 - VS- v3 pedals to see if their both the same weight... a weight diff will make a huge impact on which rumble feels stronger.
  • Nuno RamalhoNuno Ramalho Member
    edited August 2015
    Arraived Today :)
  • I update for 1.8 firmware and in pcars works fine like Grimey i put 6% deadzone in throtle and brake.
    The motor in throtle is very strong and noticable especialy in rain.

The brake motor, is weak but I have to test and tune the ABS option in rim.

Clutch work like V2 for me.

I notice just in hard brake and the brake in position 3 the load cell in telemetry in pcars has some variation.

Overall, this piece engineering rock´s!!!
    imageimage
    Hey Nuno,

What Racing seat is that?
  • Hello, Joseph Z Gossen, its the Rseat RS1
  • The same one we posted on the 3rd page Joseph ;)

It's a RSeat type RS1
  • The same one we posted on the 3rd page Joseph ;)

It's a RSeat type RS1
    hahahah correct :)
    The same one we posted on the 3rd page Joseph ;)

It's a RSeat type RS1
    True that is my young padawan. You got the Assetto Corsa Edition. Gonna look into the cost of having one of those shipped to Canada.
    Those are some sweet setups. Now the mind games begin. 
  • Hi!!
    Does anyone know how many bits are CSP pedals V2 (Brake and Throttle)?
    How many points of difference between the V2 and V3 (In iRacing)?