Fanatec Driver 222 Beta released (Windows10)

Comments

• I turned down in game ffb and vib to 80 and 75. But still can't compare to PCars ffb. In PCars I can feel every minor bump, elevation, loss of traction...
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited September 2015
    I need more power :D

I find even on
    FFB 100
    VIBRATION 100
    Wheel FFB 100

It's still not enough for me at times.
    I wonder if the amount of power output by the wheels varies much, as even at 150 my wheel still doesn't feel crazy strong?
  • I don't need pauwa!! I need refinement!!
    Haha ... I'm more of a clarkson girl myself :D

@Grimey do you know if we can use the WheelChecker to test Nm torque on the wheel base? I ran the linear test against all existing FW and also tested all in base settings against PCars Scoop/DRR etc which improved things dramatically. But I never thought to investigate the tool further.

A quick google, does lead to a post over at iracing discussing the torque measurement of the tool, so I might have a look into that unless you fancy getting your hands dirty ;)
  • I have a CSW v1 and I just upgraded to Windows 10.  I am unable to update the firmware, despite being in bootloader mode (however only 3 LED lights are flashing-the top right one is not flashing), and receive the following error.

Can someone please help?
  • try removing the fanatic driver from your computer ... then download the driver/firmware again from the product page ... V226 beta may be the best for Windows 10 .. after that go through the update process with just the base/hub.... update the pedals directly via USB.
  • I did unplug the pedals, uninstall and reinstall the drivers, but the firmware loader still gave the same error.  I do not believe there is anything more I can do on my end. 
  • are you updating the pedals or the base???
  • So, try just updating the V2 Base only.< NO HUB, no pedals ] ... using V226 Beta ....
  • Haha ... I'm more of a clarkson girl myself :D

@Grimey do you know if we can use the WheelChecker to test Nm torque on the wheel base? I ran the linear test against all existing FW and also tested all in base settings against PCars Scoop/DRR etc which improved things dramatically. But I never thought to investigate the tool further.

A quick google, does lead to a post over at iracing discussing the torque measurement of the tool, so I might have a look into that unless you fancy getting your hands dirty ;)
    Hmmm... Interesting... maybe i will try the tool and see what if it works... ive been doing most of the testing by feel... when i was doing them mathematically it just felt worse!!!  Even though they gave us back the ability to tweek by 1's in update 3.0 Im not sure that the Full Range of  Numbers have any Relevant Effect.... EX:  13,14,15 can = the same value... Having the full range can just be a optical illusion because we complained when the gave us the wacky # presets to tune from.. LOL
  • So, try just updating the V2 Base only.< NO HUB, no pedals ] ... using V226 Beta ....
    I unplugged the pedals, and didn't have a wheel attached when I used the installer. I even put it in bootloader mode when using the installer, and restarted the computer.  Same issue.

So I don't know if it is specific with the CSW v1 or what.  But spending this amount of time on something so simple, is frustrating.
  • Contact support via chat option on the homepage, in about 2 hours there should be someone Live.
  • edited September 2015

I find even on
    FFB 100
    VIBRATION 100
    Wheel FFB 100

I wonder if the amount of power output by the wheels varies much, as even at 150 my wheel still doesn't feel crazy strong?
    When you do the FFB test on PC, can you hold the wheel and keep it still? If I do it on my wheel, I cannot hold it still (and being 1.93 m, 90 kgs and doing sports 4x a week I'm not exactly what you'd call weak :-B).
  • I need more power :D

I find even on
    FFB 100
    VIBRATION 100
    Wheel FFB 100

When you do the FFB test on PC, can you hold the wheel? If I do it on my wheel, I cannot hold it still (and being 1.93 m, 90 kgs and doing sports 4x a week I'm not exactly what you'd call weak :-B).

I Could Bench Press you Easily!!!.. More than a Few Times.... LMAO... No wonder i like my FFB Sooo Strong...CTHU
    edited September 2015

I find even on
    FFB 100
    VIBRATION 100
    Wheel FFB 100

When you do the FFB test on PC, can you hold the wheel and keep it still? If I do it on my wheel, I cannot hold it still (and being 1.93 m, 90 kgs and doing sports 4x a week I'm not exactly what you'd call weak :-B).

You saying I'm as weak as a little girl, Remco... Challenge accepted ;)

I'll have you know that I'm 172cm tall, 50kg and can easily do somewhere between 5 and 7 press ups CONSECUTIVELY! That's right up to 7 consecutive press-ups! I don't mess about! ;) :D

To be honest,
    The FFB test button on my PC Driver only ever causes my wheel to "rattle" I've never actually tried holding it. Let me knock out a few of those press ups I was talking about, I'll go test it, and get back to you :D

I find even on
    FFB 100
    VIBRATION 100
    Wheel FFB 100

When you do the FFB test on PC, can you hold the wheel? If I do it on my wheel, I cannot hold it still (and being 1.93 m, 90 kgs and doing sports 4x a week I'm not exactly what you'd call weak :-B).

I Could Bench Press you Easily!!!.. More than a Few Times.... LMAO... No wonder i like my FFB Sooo Strong...CTHU

Not sure I could bench press him, but I'm almost certain that I've carried a weekly food shop weighing about that :P
  • I need more power :D

I find even on
    FFB 100
    VIBRATION 100
    Wheel FFB 100

I'll have you know that I'm 172cm tall, 50kg and can easily do somewhere between 5 and 7 press ups CONSECUTIVELY! That's right up to 7 consecutive press-ups! I don't mess about! ;) :D

To be honest,
    The FFB test button on my PC Driver only ever causes my wheel to "rattle" I've never actually tried holding it. Let me knock out a few of those press ups I was talking about, I'll go test it, and get back to you :D

I find even on
    FFB 100
    VIBRATION 100
    Wheel FFB 100

Not sure I could bench press him, but I'm almost certain that I've carried a weekly food shop weighing about that :P
    172 cm and 50kg?! Better not do the FFB test then or the wheel will swing you through the room! b-(

Jokes aside, the FFB test should really give you a good shake when holding the wheel. I'll see if I can make a video to give you an idea.

• Was at a friends house last night, he has a Thrustmaster TX, was playing Forza 6, at the start of the race, 1st gear is selected for you, why is this not the case with the CSW V2.
    Was also using ACL, driving paddle shift cars the way they are meant to be driven, no loss of acceleration between shifts, come on Fanatec, get it sorted.
  • You can use the A button for clutch on the wheel...JUST like the controller guys do...they don't have ACL either...lol
  • @ Richard, are you using the V226 Beta driver/Firmware?  The gear selection issue is not present with V219/FW94... at least on FM5 , and the FM6 demo.

• @ Richard, are you using the V226 Beta driver/Firmware?

I am, I like the feel on P Cars, haven't tried older firmware on Forza, might give it a go.

I find even on
    FFB 100
    VIBRATION 100
    Wheel FFB 100

To be honest,

I find even on
    FFB 100
    VIBRATION 100
    Wheel FFB 100

172 cm and 50kg?! Better not do the FFB test then or the wheel will swing you through the room! b-(

Jokes aside, the FFB test should really give you a good shake when holding the wheel. I'll see if I can make a video to give you an idea.

That would be really interesting :-bd If you do a video, can you do one holding the wheel and one where you just leave the wheel entirely (I'm curious to see if it just rattles like mine) :)

• That would be really interesting :-bd If you do a video, can you do one holding the wheel and one where you just leave the wheel entirely (I'm curious to see if it just rattles like mine) :)
    Well it rattles for sure when not holding the wheel, it doesn't do big movements. But when you try and hold it, you'll find that the rattling has quite some power in it :)
  • Thomas, where is the final version of the driver????

Forza 6 will be delivered this Friday.
  • edited September 2015

That would be really interesting :-bd If you do a video, can you do one holding the wheel and one where you just leave the wheel entirely (I'm curious to see if it just rattles like mine) :)
    Well it rattles for sure when not holding the wheel, it doesn't do big movements. But when you try and hold it, you'll find that the rattling has quite some power in it :)

This will be a First but i must agree with His Comment Natali
    :-B ... I was Gonna Make a Video for you but i didnt Have a Camera Person.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Hey Guys are any of you loosing your setups in PCars? For some reason even if I make a change in the pit it doesn't save and goes back to default.

P.S Forza 6 FFB is pretty amazing with feeling gear shifts,rumblestrips,etc. Which setting in PCars is directly related to translating gear shifts, if it actually does support it?
  • Could that maybe the 'BODY' sliders ? Cause I don't have m at zero and I THINK I do feel that. But can't check...work is in the way!!! ;)

This will be a First but i must agree with His Comment Natali
    :-B ... I was Gonna Make a Video for you but i didnt Have a Camera Person.

I'm gonna try this later ;)
  • edited September 2015
    Hey Guys are any of you loosing your setups in PCars? For some reason even if I make a change in the pit it doesn't save and goes back to default.

P.S Forza 6 FFB is pretty amazing with feeling gear shifts,rumblestrips,etc. Which setting in PCars is directly related to translating gear shifts, if it actually does support it?
    Set-up saving issues are known. I read recently that it seems to be caused by the fact that only 32 custom car set-up saves (any car, any track) are possible. If you go over this number, it won't save anymore.

As for gear shift FFB, pCARS does not have that anymore as all canned FFB effects were removed. Hopefully we'll get options for all canned effects back at some stage, but I'm not sure it will ever happen.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

Set-up saving issues are known. I read recently that it seems to be caused by the fact that only 32 custom car set-up saves (any car, any track) are possible. If you go over this number, it won't save anymore.

As for gear shift FFB, pCARS does not have that anymore as all canned FFB effects were removed. Hopefully we'll get options for all canned effects back at some stage, but I'm not sure it will ever happen.
    So I guess the best thing would be to create a save for 1 track at a time instead of "ALL". Sad to hear that FFB effects were removed. I love that Forza supports it as it gives you a more immersive feel.
  • Hmmmm I Never Noticed feeling any Gear Shifts in PCars unless it was Through the Buttkickers... thise things work Great!!!