Fanatec Beta Driver v250 (incl. new firmwares) [25/05/2016]

Comments

• edited September 2016
    Dont' work with windows 10 Anniversary Update 64bit! I tried to unistall drivers, unplug CSW v2 e clubsport v2 pedal, reboot sistem, install drivers beta v.250, plug csw v2 and clubsport v2 pedals. I can't enter in fanatec control panel!

drivers v.231 (64bit) work perfect! 
  • edited September 2016
    hi

its work good  for me
    csp v3
    and t300 gte

all rumbble is ok with fanaleds latest version
    on dirt rally and Pcars
     its great

• Dont work with Windows 10 x64 Anniversary Update. Please fix.
  • Dont' work with windows 10 Anniversary Update 64bit! I tried to unistall drivers, unplug CSW v2 e clubsport v2 pedal, reboot sistem, install drivers beta v.250, plug csw v2 and clubsport v2 pedals. I can't enter in fanatec control panel!

drivers v.231 (64bit) work perfect! 
    Did u downgrade the Firmware too or did u just install v231 with the latest fw?
  • Problem lies in windows with latest update
  • I had to uninstal the FW... Then Reinstal the FW then it worked fine with windows 10 anniversary update...problem is Windows Anniversary Update Sucks!!! I Went back to regular Windows 10... and what a Head aches that was!!! Had to do a complete Fresh OS Instal... Then you Need to Use "Winshow" to Hide/Block it or in Windows 10 pro Check the "Defer" Box because the Anniversary update will Down Load and Instal its self Again through the automatic update process!!!
  • Hello, just after some clarification.

I'm using my Fanatec CSR on Windows 7 with Driver v226 and Firmware rev. 756 with the ClubSport v2 pedals using driver v205

I'm looking to move to a fresh install of Windows 10.

Can I use the v250 Beta drivers with included Firmware attached here? It's all listed as compatible above but I'm just looking for some clarification before I go ahead.

Also, do I need to remove the firmware that's currently on my wheel (if that's even possible) before I install the new Firmware?

• No reports of issues with CSR and W10 yet. The driver will erase the previous fw automatically and write newer fw on it...so no hassle
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    No reports of issues with CSR and W10 yet. The driver will erase the previous fw automatically and write newer fw on it...so no hassle
    No, the driver will not do anything to the firmware ;-)

@ Jack
    No problems. Just make a fresh installation of Win10 and r-install driver v250. Firmware on your wheel should be 756 and will not change.
  • So I installed the drivers, wheel and pedals were detected in the Fanatec Wheel Property Page

But, when I click "Properties" on the CSR Wheel I get this come up:

When it finishes, the Fanatec CSR Wheel entry in the list disappears so I can't access Properties at all.

Any ideas?
    Which driver did you install? v250? If yes, please re-install the driver while your Fanatec devices are connected, powered on and in PC mode.
  • Yes v250, just re-installed as you said and now the wheel doesnt appear in the Property Page at all, Pedals are fine.
    Did you set the wheel in PC mode? Did you try the wheel on another PC?
  • Yeah PC mode, I don't have access to another PC
  • My PC is New That initializing Divice took what seemed like forever.... wasn't that long though maybe 2 min or so... Dont interupt it... wait for it to Finish and you should be fine. also I go to the disk/ system clean up and run it... then Restart PC and try the wheel again it should work...If it does the initializing thing just let it finish... it takes longer than you think it should but it should work after that...this is what worked for Me.
  • I just had my CSW V2 base fixed after the motor burnt out, all is working great now and the repairer in Australia is amazing, He has done an incredible job the base is working better than ever. I did notice that the FW version is now V176. My question is, is it worth updating my driver version to V250 as i still have V231.
    Cheers
  • Yes...it definitely is worth it
  • Yes v250, just re-installed as you said and now the wheel doesnt appear in the Property Page at all, Pedals are fine.
    Try and connect only the wheel to the PC and no other USB devices. If it still doesn't show up, put it in bootloader mode manually and re-flash.
  • Has there been any word on the Late September update for Forza Apex or Forxa Horizon3??? I would like to buy Forza Horizon3 but im Not sure if the V2 wheel is wirking with it... Does any 1 know if Fanatec wheels are working in Forza Horizon3/Forza Apex yet??? and if their wirking are the wheels working Correctly. Late Seotember update... LOL...I guess that's a pun on words because yeah its October so yup its Late... unless im just outta the Loop and Missed it.

• Has there been any word on the Late September update for Forza Apex or Forxa Horizon3??? I would like to buy Forza Horizon3 but im Not sure if the V2 wheel is wirking with it... Does any 1 know if Fanatec wheels are working in Forza Horizon3/Forza Apex yet??? and if their wirking are the wheels working Correctly. Late Seotember update... LOL...I guess that's a pun on words because yeah its October so yup its Late... unless im just outta the Loop and Missed it.
    Forza Apex: After latest windows 10 update CSW2 works with all FFB effects
  • Please, I would know if this new CSW V2 firmware run Assetto Corsa on pc (Windows 10 64bit) properly. Apps and data displays don't work well with Fanatec driver v.231. Thanks in advance.
  • Please, I would know if this new CSW V2 firmware run Assetto Corsa on pc (Windows 10 64bit) properly. Apps and data displays don't work well with Fanatec driver v.231. Thanks in advance.
    wait, what's your problem here?
    What do you mean with "apps and data displays"?
    If you mean the rev leds and the gear indicator lcd of the rim - AC simply has no biuld in support for these features of the CSW.
    In order to use those features you must install FanaLEDs for example.
    That's no Firmware issue of the CSW, it's simply not implemented by the AC devs.
    AC is running absolutely fine with both actual stable firmware and newest available beta 176.

If you mean the rev leds and the gear indicator lcd of the rim - AC simply has no biuld in support for these features of the CSW.
    That's no Firmware issue of the CSW, it's simply not implemented by the AC devs.
    AC is running absolutely fine with both actual stable firmware and newest available beta 176.
    Maurice, I play AC with an external data display (Renovatio SRD-9C) or, in the first, with iOS Sin:speed app. Only the rev leds not working properly on AC (all leds turned on, permanently). No problem with other games. I've done every possible test. I unplugged the wheel base and the rev leds on ext data display work correctly. I already use fanaleds only for ffb effects (I've turned off every single light on rim). Therefore, the problem is in the fanatec firmware. I remember that with an old firmware, I don't know which one, the iOS app worked correctly. Thank you for your attention.
    ;)

Maurice, I play AC with an external data display (Renovatio SRD-9C) or, in the first, with iOS Sin:speed app. Only the rev leds not working properly on AC (all leds turned on, permanently). No problem with other games. I've done every possible test. I unplugged the wheel base and the rev leds on ext data display work correctly. I already use fanaleds only for ffb effects (I've turned off every single light on rim). Therefore, the problem is in the fanatec firmware. I remember that with an old firmware, I don't know which one, the iOS app worked correctly. Thank you for your attention.
    ;)
    well, that is still not a firmware issue.
    Long timo ago it was mentioned by Fanatec that they needed to change their SDK structure I think. It is up to the developers to update their software to be able to use this new SDK structure. So you should contact the developers of the software you have problems with that they need to get latest Fanatec SDK and adapt their software in order to use that.
    In general: I think if a external display device is not working properly it cant be a firmware issue of the wheel base - it's mostly a developer problem, not a firmware problem.
    And btw, which FFB effects do you get from Fanaleds? That software cant generate FFB effects... You mean brake rumble and so on?

;)
    well, that is still not a firmware issue.
    Long timo ago it was mentioned by Fanatec that they needed to change their SDK structure I think. It is up to the developers to update their software to be able to use this new SDK structure. So you should contact the developers of the software you have problems with that they need to get latest Fanatec SDK and adapt their software in order to use that.
    In general: I think if a external display device is not working properly it cant be a firmware issue of the wheel base - it's mostly a developer problem, not a firmware problem.
    And btw, which FFB effects do you get from Fanaleds? That software cant generate FFB effects... You mean brake rumble and so on?
    Yes, I mean rumble effects, you're right. I will contact the AC developers hoping to solve the issue. Thanks.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Forza Horizon works fine with the CSW V2 however they are working on improving the FFB for the next update.
  • I played FMH3 on the PC and did Not Like it very Much...But that could be the Windows 10 anniversary update... It sucks ive taken it outta My PC 3x already!!! Firza Apex has No Sim feel to it at all!!! the First Grid felt Much better than Forza 6 and Forza Apex!!!
  • I apologize because I am a relative noob to Fanatec products. But do the Pedals and Wheel both have Separate drivers and firmware or does the Wheel base handle it? I ask because i cant seem to get the pedals to show up when I click the desktop diver menu, just the wheel, which is updated with the Beta 250. Pedals work in game still but I feel I am missing out on something Per screenshot and videos show separate for the Pedals, Wheel, and even seen a handbrake menu. I am speaking of the Desktop Properties Menu. Do I have to USB the pedals to my PC by the selves or can the stay connected to the Wheel...   I have the Clubsport V2 Wheel, the V3 Pedals, Clubsport H-Shifter, and Clubsport Handbrake. 
    Any Help would be very much appreciated! Thanks.
    Hi Britton,

all fine...you don't need any help since all is perfect. You can connect the pedals either by USB or to the PC. You can only see them separately in the driver if you also connect them separately but like this you would also miss the new feature (BRF) which lets you adjust your brake on the fly in the tuning menu. Check it out!
  • Hey Britton, since you're updating firmware of your stuff, try this new one: https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/532/fanatec-beta-rc-driver-v260-incl-new-firmwares-06-10-2016#latest You need to update the base and pedals separately. Beware that you don't have the pedals connected to the base while the base is powered on. I always disconnect the pedal RJ12 of the base and connect it to the PC by USB to update. Fine tune the pedals after update n the pedal function window. Hook it all back up to the base and you're good to go !
This discussion has been closed.